18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

No new sigs lately

My preferred alternative to the P229 is the P-01. Better ergonomics, faster in my hands, easier to control recoil , draw and shoot on the move. A German frame Legacy P229 was my first gun. I just sold it . The ability to have a wide choice of grip panels made the P-01 easier to shoot at speed and its weight easier to carry and conceal. I tried the E2 grips , SRT , new sights and playing with the mainspring weight on the P229. Nothing worked as well for me as a stock P-01. I have another P-01 with lighter springs . I also have a customized SP-01. Not a fair comparison. The rearward de🐓er and controls are more intuitive and work shooting strong hand only on a P-01. Not on a P229.
Yeah I don't disagree, the CZ 75 series feel amazing in hand and the grips can get slimmer than Sigs. The whole lineup is great - PCR, P-01, SP-01. Heard great things about the other ones but those are the only ones I've shot personally. I've got an SP-01 I keep eyeing a SAO conversion on, but don't want to shell out for the whole Cajun kit, even though it's less than a typical ammo order for me...

For me, the decocker isn't a dealbreaker on the Sigs because I would only use my left hand, and because the decocker is so forward, the rearward slide release is actually usable for me with my right hand. In contrast, my thumb slides right over the flat part of the safety on my SP-01 if I don't break my grip.

It’s subjective, but while I’ve seen Glock 19’s, P365 XMacros, PX4’s and P-01’s shot in competition, never seen a P229. Once in a while a P226 and people shoot them well. But in the category of compact pistols, not too many.

Agree on this too, P229 is very rare in competition, but most people are just shooting strikers and 2011s now in general. I shoot a px4 and everyone who sees it is like oh, weird choice =)
 
Well that was a let down.

Looks like sig added a new p365. Best I can tell it is virtually identical to the first one they added almost 2 years ago, but with a cut to add their newer sig loc $550+ optic.

I was hoping for an xl or a fuse or an axg legion or a 380 or....you get the point.

365-9-BRX3P-MS-SL-CA​

 
Back
Top Bottom