18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Non-Reident Fingerprint Turnaround

ovy67

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
6
Does anyone here have any tips for getting in touch with CA DOJ on the status of my prints? As a non-resident I didn’t know what I was getting myself into with mailing in the hard prints on the FBI print card and it’s been 3 months and the only way I see online to track it is with an ATI number which is a CA thing and it doesn’t look like any other state generates that and this seems to be the only thing holding up my CCW
 
Turnaround on prints is highly variable. If you've ever had a security clearance they seem to take longer.
 
Turnaround on prints is highly variable. If you've ever had a security clearance they seem to take longer.
Don’t have clearance but have multiple CCWs from different states and it has always been pretty quick
 
Since your Issuing Agency submitted the prints to the DOJ, they probably have the ATI number. Will your IA give you the ATI? Kind of a roundabout way to check but...
 
Turnaround on prints is highly variable. If you've ever had a security clearance they seem to take longer.
I’ve had a few and the opposite seems true for me.
 
I’ve had a few and the opposite seems true for me.
If there is one rule on the turnaround it is that there is no rule that is consistently correct, but we frequently saw folks with prior security clearances come back much more slowly than non-cleared candidates for our 1000-person agency over a 20-year period. YMMV.
 
If there is one rule on the turnaround it is that there is no rule that is consistently correct, but we frequently saw folks with prior security clearances come back much more slowly than non-cleared candidates for our 1000-person agency over a 20-year period. YMMV.
Everything is true, everything is false. Yeah, sometimes it’s the luck of the draw.
 
Since your Issuing Agency submitted the prints to the DOJ, they probably have the ATI number. Will your IA give you the ATI? Kind of a roundabout way to check but...
I thought about asking the detective assigned to my app and I’ve emailed him in the past on the status and he answers that it’s just a waiting game at this point and I don’t want to bother him too much
 
Back
Top Bottom