18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Off roster 9mm PCC

glock84

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
4
Hello!

I'm gonna be moving to California later this year and have read a lot about the roster, the handguns on the roster and the ability to bring some off roster handguns as long as they can be made California compliant. I do however have a question about 9mm/10mm PCCs.

Which one would be the one to get that would be easiest to maglock/compmag? I saw some listings of B&T but they didn't seem to be locked and still has the trilugged barrel. Is the trilugged barrel issue being equivalent to a threaded barrel not that big of a deal?

Ideally I really would like to bring either a 9mm or 10mm (or 45) Stribog given the roller delayed mechanism and decent price point. Not interested in the civilian MP5.. but I've been searching the internet corners all the time and even messages Grandpower and there doesn't seem to be maglock options (I don't think the Stribog folks understood my situation)

Many thanks!
 
The easiest will be to bring an ar9 lower that's registered as a pistol. There's ten billion solutions for standard ar lowers. The maxim RDB is a drop in buffer system that works extremely well, super reliable and easy to build.
 
The easiest will be to bring an ar9 lower that's registered as a pistol. There's ten billion solutions for standard ar lowers. The maxim RDB is a drop in buffer system that works extremely well, super reliable and easy to build.
Thank you! Did not know about the Maxim RDB! Which AR-9 lowers would you recommend? Does it matter for us (me in future Cali) if it has LRBHO ability because of the mag lock or it's useful? Trying to imagine how the ergonomics might be.
 
I honestly have little experience with the current maglock stuff so I'm not sure, I just do featureless which is even easier with a PCC because you have no reason to run a flash hider and you can just run a fin grip that's easy to remove when I go out of state to matches or whatever. That said the lowers that I have liked are the aero epc 9, the new frontier armory g9 I think it's called, and the LRBHO on those are both in the upper receiver and they both work the same way and are interchangeable. My current favorite is the KP 9 which is a monolithic polymer lower, it also works with aero or new frontier upper receivers and the maxim rdb is a drop in super easy buffer solution, however this won't work as a pistol because it has a stock but it's still worth mentioning because it's rad and super light. Whatever you do you might as well bring as many pistol lowers as you can because people sell them for 600 bucks a pop here, you can private party transfer them face to face after you move here.
 
Back
Top Bottom