18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Off-roster prices in CA

DWX is pricey in CA

@LHippo you are outside of California so the restriction was automatic. If you pay it will be lifted if you verify or once you’re fully in CA. This is to limit the number of scammers / fraud that we see come in on free accounts. Many scammers want access by default.
Okay, thanks!
 
Same lol



Definitely do not buy those and sell to me later when you get bored of it
Or me
 
Hi. I am looking at getting a Dan Wesson DWX with a work bonus I will be getting later. However, I will be moving to CA before I get the money so I can either buy it now on a credit card and pay intrest, or buy it later and pay CA prices.
I know what the interest would be, but not sure what the CA price would be.
Anyone see any around and remember about what they go for? I would prefer the full sized but the compact looks nice too.
Also, if you have general advice on how to easily find prices on non-roster guns (other than the classifieds on this sight, which i do look at) that would be appreciated.
Or if you have any other advice (besides "don't move to CA!", lol) before I move that would be great.
Like: "Before you move to CA you should buy a ___ because the markup here is super high!"
Thanks for any help you can give!
Go buy some Glocks to resell haha, and Calguns is the other forum I use to find non-roster guns.
 
Go buy some Glocks to resell haha, and Calguns is the other forum I use to find non-roster guns.
Haha! Thanks.
I'm not the biggest glock/glock clone fan, and id rather not buy something id be sad to get stuck with. But it sounds like for the most part ill probably get some 2011s/competion style guns, put a box through each, see which one(s) I like and offload the rest.
 
Hi. I am looking at getting a Dan Wesson DWX with a work bonus I will be getting later. However, I will be moving to CA before I get the money so I can either buy it now on a credit card and pay intrest, or buy it later and pay CA prices.
I know what the interest would be, but not sure what the CA price would be.
Anyone see any around and remember about what they go for? I would prefer the full sized but the compact looks nice too.
Also, if you have general advice on how to easily find prices on non-roster guns (other than the classifieds on this sight, which i do look at) that would be appreciated.
Expect retail price plus an additional 50-100% as the California off-roster price.
 
Haha! Thanks.
I'm not the biggest glock/glock clone fan, and id rather not buy something id be sad to get stuck with. But it sounds like for the most part ill probably get some 2011s/competion style guns, put a box through each, see which one(s) I like and offload the rest.
You're going to want to carefully understand which 2011s are already available new in the state. There are many, like well over a dozen ranging from low end to the ultra high end. Anything that you bring to sell that's already offered probably won't command much of a premium, though I guess you'll have a permanent 11% buffer given you probably don't pay an additional excise-like tax on top of sales tax.
 
Back
Top Bottom