18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Official Bolt Action Picture Thread

I was told to take off the bayonet last time I shot my Mosin at the outdoor range, I didn’t even know that was a thing to ban bayonets….
Huh. Sounds Fudd. Mosins are meant to be fired with the bayonet extended. At least, that's common practice.
 
Were you able to remove the bayonet at the range?
Yes I popped it off and we kept shooting what little 7.62x54r I had leftover from 10 years ago. Where do people buy this stuff anymore in CA? I used to just order it to my house…
 
I was told to take off the bayonet last time I shot my Mosin at the outdoor range, I didn’t even know that was a thing to ban bayonets….
They required it be removed to continue to use the range or they suggested it be removed? As long as their isn’t anything that directly violates the ranges SOP; generally it shouldn’t be a problem of allowing someone to continue to be a good, paying, respectful, patron who follows the rules…..
 
if you're talking about LRG, i know one of the RM there does not allow bayonets while firing. But the rest of the RSOs and other RMs allow for me to fix bayonets while shooting so it all comes down to whose RM on my range days
 
They required it be removed to continue to use the range or they suggested it be removed? As long as their isn’t anything that directly violates the ranges SOP; generally it shouldn’t be a problem of allowing someone to continue to be a good, paying, respectful, patron who follows the rules…..
He just came over and said we had to take it off and that they didn’t allow them, we weren’t doing anything crazy or unsafe and he was friendly about it, I just haven’t ever heard of ranges disallowing bayonets and thought it was odd
 
Back
Top Bottom