18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Picked up my first 45 and first 1911 today

planetplanet

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
15
Bought this used NRA issued Kimber 1911. Time to hit the range on Friday
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4378.webp
    IMG_4378.webp
    145.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4377.webp
    IMG_4377.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 75
Welcome to the club! Be careful. Once you start getting a taste for 1911s it gets expensive real quick ! High quality 1911s are shooting heaven
 
People still shoot .45’s? And boomer 1911’s? I guess I just don’t see it. Sold my TRP years ago an and never feel the need for a .45.
Reminds me I need to sell my Glock 21
 
Congratulations for finally acquiring a 1911! Someday, it will simply be your first. When I began shooting handguns, I started with my father’s M1911A1 by Colt. He apparently carried for about six months while eluding the Germans in occupied France after being shot down. I found it to be an excellent starter gun. Once you learn on a 45ACP, the usual 9mm is going to feel like a 22 to you. I say “apparently carried” because he died when I was just turning 15 and a discussion about firearms was not to be. I located his government issued shoulder holster years ago as well but only determined it to be from the left seater—my dad was the co-pilot. He grabbed whatever was nearest to him before he bailed out. Stenciled on the back of it is the name of his aircraft commander, who died that day, staying at the controls. I didn’t figure that out until about a year ago. “Wilma Caldwell.” A terrific patriot, who gave his all that day in August 1943.
 
Back
Top Bottom