18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Placentia Police K9 Foundation Charity Shoot with a Glock 21SF 45ACP + 10-rounder Komiefornia mags

rodralig

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
243
Got invited out to a charity match for the Placentia Police K9 Foundation. It was a nice change of pace - good people, a drive out to Lake Mathews, and my kid donated $100 for K9s Enzo and Zero. Bonus was a chance at a mini match.

I ran my home defense/nightstand Glock 21SF Gen 3 with an old-school Trijicon RMR and SureFire X300. The frame was from my other 21SF with the Timney trigger, using good ol’ Kaliforniastan 10-rounders with Fiocchi 230gr.

Aside from the first stage, which I completely bombed - that 5th target was barely visible, I think I did okay. Definitely could have been better overall, but I’ll take 21st out of 73.

 
Last edited:
K9 Enzo, same Enzo that was on Belushi's K9 PD?

I would not know. Did a quick search and found this -

No, they are entirely different dogs. K9 Enzo from the Placentia Police Department is a German Shepherd who has been serving in your local area in Orange County. The other Enzo is a well-known K9 associated with Las Vegas Metro Police who was severely injured in the line of duty, and who is sometimes featured alongside Jim Belushi's programming on A&E TV.
 
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time!

Thank you.

My teen had a great time too. It was his first match, and he finished 55/73 running a Glock 34 Gen 3, also with 10-rounders. Not bad at all for his first time out.

He’s an introvert and usually pretty shy, so it was really nice to see a bit of competitive spirit come out once the timer beeped.

 
Back
Top Bottom