18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Question Price check Winchester model 20 and Estate transfer

Danny Dean

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
1
Hello my name is Danny I was told by a gun shop called rifle gear to contact you wise people so that you maybe able to help me, my older brother passed last year and it took me up until I had moved this year to go through his belongings I found what I thought was broken old trash, because I remembered when I was a kid shooting this rifle, I don't know much about firearms not my cup of tea and I'm 65 now so I don't think that's going to change. My problem is that I don't have any idea about anything new when I was 18 I remember going with my brother and seeing him buy many rifles and shotguns cash and carry but I am told that things are crazy now. Ok I found a Winchester model 90 22wrf pump rifle but the rear stock and front tube magazine attachment ring is missing, I was told that it was in very good condition, except the 2 missing parts, I was also told that it is worth something , I was told that by the serial number it was a 3rd Gen made in late 1927, that it is called a gallery gun that it is 22 wtf that the blue is good and it is in working order I was told that this year and model sells for $800 to $1000 in fair condition I kinda find that hard to believe, but that's why I'm here I couldn't find any paperwork for it and my sister said that most of his guns were not rigestered, so I don't know how or what to do I don't know the value or process of anything I would like to get it to the right person that can use something like this for parts or rebuild or I don't know ? The easiest way possible please, and thank you for any help you can provide in advance. I just don't want to get in any trouble as far as legality goes.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250918_182240578.jpg
    IMG_20250918_182240578.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20250918_182447932.jpg
    IMG_20250918_182447932.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20250918_182554697.jpg
    IMG_20250918_182554697.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20250918_182408439.jpg
    IMG_20250918_182408439.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom