18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Question about AR-9

NRodriquez87

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
Classified ads
1
I have an Anderson manufacturing lower and a complete AR-9 upper. I need to purchase the conversion block.

Am I able to put a Juggernaut Hellfire kit on this?
 
I have an Anderson manufacturing lower and a complete AR-9 upper. I need to purchase the conversion block.

Am I able to put a Juggernaut Hellfire kit on this?
If your lower is a standard 223/5.56 lower, you can use a Juggernaught Hellfighter.
I recommend combining the hellfighter takedown pin with the Hogue freedom fighter maglock as that leaves you a functional bolt catch.
 
How do you use 9mm with a comp mag?
Yeah, that may be a bit tricky.

Anyway, I’m putting together either a Colt 635 SMG or DOE clone (maybe both). I’m using an Anderson lower, Colt mag adapter block and maglock 4 with kingpin. But, the Hogue FF maglock with kingpin has my interest and I might go in that direction instead.
 
Last edited:
Anyway, I’m putting together either a Colt 635 SMG or DOE clone (maybe both). I’m using an Anderson lower, Colt mag adapter block and maglock 4 with kingpin. But, the Hogue FF maglock with kingpin has my interest and I might go in that direction instead.
The Hogue freedom fighter works with ANY type of upper.
The Colt 9mm deflector bump on the colt specific 9mm upper might get in the way of an ARmaglock.
 
The Hogue freedom fighter works with ANY type of upper.
The Colt 9mm deflector bump on the colt specific 9mm upper might get in the way of an ARmaglock.
Thanks for the info, just on pure esthetic grounds, HFF will be the way to go.
 
If you’re making a 9 mm probably featureless is the best way to go IMO You don’t need a muzzle device except maybe for length. They don’t recoil very much so any sort of grip is fine.
 
Anyway, I’m putting together either a Colt 635 SMG or DOE clone (maybe both).

If you’re making a 9 mm probably featureless is the best way to go IMO You don’t need a muzzle device except maybe for length.
Clones are more about correct cosmetics and featureless looks nothing like a correct Colt 635.
 
Back
Top Bottom