18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question - "Illegal gun reported to police in error"

AI judges will be as liberal and biased as AI currently is. I prefer term limits for judicial appointments.

When the constitution was written life expendicy was about 50 years. An appointed judge might serve 5~10 years, then die.

Now judges can serve 30 years or more, far more than what the founders intended.

Agreed and while we are at it, how about term limits for Senators and Legislators both Federal and State.
SC Judges = 10 yrs
Senators = 2 terms
Legislators = 2 terms
 
AI judges will be as liberal and biased as AI currently is. I prefer term limits for judicial appointments.

When the constitution was written life expendicy was about 50 years. An appointed judge might serve 5~10 years, then die.

Now judges can serve 30 years or more, far more than what the founders intended.
Depends on the AI...just like today.
 
AI judges will be as liberal and biased as AI currently is. I prefer term limits for judicial appointments.

When the constitution was written life expendicy (* expectancy) was about 50 years. An appointed judge might serve 5~10 years, then die.

Now judges can serve 30 years or more, far more than what the founders intended.

It could very well be that what you consider to be "liberal and biased" is simply logical, rational and fair. I suppose one could try and code an AI that is a douchebag / 🐚, to appeal to the far right segment of the population but, that would probably fail miserably as it would not follow logical thought patterns.

In reality, an AI judge would likely be far more consistent than any human judge could ever hope to be.
 
Consistently biased as all AI platforms are. Do we really want a computer to determine the guilt or freedom of a suspect? As fail prone a judge is, I doubt that would be a good option.

I can recall a few Sci Fi movies that tried that. It didn't work out so well.
 
It could very well be that what you consider to be "liberal and biased" is simply logical, rational and fair. I suppose one could try and code an AI that is a douchebag / 🐚, to appeal to the far right segment of the population but, that would probably fail miserably as it would not follow logical thought patterns.

In reality, an AI judge would likely be far more consistent than any human judge could ever hope to be.
AI should simply be maximally truth-seeking, just like people should be. The trouble is that ideologues are often offended by actual facts, and some AI are so focused on ideologically-dictated results that they get basic facts wrong. This is invariably a human failing.
 
I would trust the most biased judge in California over AI any day, that is because a judge's number one concern is not being overturned by a higher court. AI is both biased and full of misinformation.
 
Consistently biased as all AI platforms are. Do we really want a computer to determine the guilt or freedom of a suspect? As fail prone a judge is, I doubt that would be a good option.

I can recall a few Sci Fi movies that tried that. It didn't work out so well.

"Movies"
 
I would trust the most biased judge in California over AI any day, that is because a judge's number one concern is not being overturned by a higher court. AI is both biased and full of misinformation.
Not suggesting that we use Grok...
 
AI should simply be maximally truth-seeking, just like people should be. The trouble is that ideologues are often offended by actual facts, and some AI are so focused on ideologically-dictated results that they get basic facts wrong. This is invariably a human failing.

There are significant qualitive differences between AIs that are created for public consumption and those created for factual analysis. For example, I would never trust Grok to be the brains behind DARPA's fully autonomous weapons systems which have already been deployed and have the power over life and death in both large and small scale theaters of combat.

AI are rather like people, some are idiots and some are brilliant, I also suspect in the not too distant future some will have "mental" illness.
 
My father was a California appeals court judge. He warned me about judges. Once he criticized the bench and got a fine from the State for it.

I still prefer judges over a computer. Sky Net, anyone?
 
There are significant qualitive differences between AIs that are created for public consumption and those created for factual analysis. For example, I would never trust Grok to be the brains behind DARPA's fully autonomous weapons systems which have already been deployed and have the power over life and death in both large and small scale theaters of combat.

AI are rather like people, some are idiots and some are brilliant, I also suspect in the not too distant future some will have "mental" illness.
Sadly, intelligence is only part of the calculus in question. Ideology is the greater threat and it infects smart people too, who are better able to do the mental gymnastics to justify or defend it.

The other part of the equation beyond intelligence is courage and intellectual honesty.
 
Judges these days are just another extension of political party’s.

As for cops if they want to search you they will search. If they want to stop you they will stop you. After the other day lost respect for some of them(in ca visiting my mom). Had one searching for a dui stop. Only 2 cars on road I was turning into my mom’s street oc sheriff across from me. I turn he follows I stop at the stop sign as I know he’s behind me. I turn right he lights me up as I pull to my moms. He tells me I jumped the light I say no he then says I rolled the stop sign I say no I stopped and you know it. Puffs out chest say I ran it and he has on camera. I ask well can I see it he says the. He’ll cite me and I can go to court.

Then says my lic plate light is out and it is enough for a legit stop I know and fine with that. Ask where I’m coming from how long am I here for I say til I feel like then stop. Then the real reason for stop it’s 11:30 said I had a beer at 5:30 does his eye test he’s satisfied. Goes to car comes back 5 min later says I’m lucky he’s giving me a warning.

Point is if cop wants to roll you they will. They will lie about the stop and reasons to go foward. Once they find something they will modify their reports to favor them.

Learned one thing dash cam and audio recording. Had I had this I would have gone to file a formal complaint.just based off his saying I ran the light and with him telling me I did and he has on camera which would have gone poof. Now had he just said I stopped you because lic plate light was out well it was and that’s on me.

And blue moon non alcohol for the win I love my beer but don’t get plastered and drive. I got over for that
 
Back
Top Bottom