By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Do what you will, (regardless of whether you can find a FFL to do the transfer) but the statute (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/...um=30342.&nodeTreePath=9.4.11.1.3&lawCode=PEN) says:Assume I sell 500 rounds of ammo today, December 21st. Can I sell 500 rounds on January 1st, or would I need to wait 30 days after my last transaction to sell more?
Thanks.
30342.
(a) Commencing January 1, 2018, a valid ammunition vendor license shall be required for any person, firm, corporation, or other business enterprise to sell more than 500 rounds of ammunition in any 30-day period.
What tree?If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?