18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Questions about bringing guns from another state.

Some of you might find Abramski, a Supreme Court case on straw purchasers, interesting: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abramski_v._United_States
Yes. While a straw purchase in a technical sense, all transfers were accomplished using FFLs, if my recollection is correct. Thus, it was merely a malum prohibitum offense. Hopefully, Trump will pardon Mr. Abramski. Congress should also provide an exception where all transfers go through FFLs. It should not be a crime if I acquire a firearm for a friend if all transfers go through a FFL.
 
The law is strange. What’s the difference between my parents and I. Why is the gift ok for my parents to receive but, the brother with she same parents cannot. I’ve decided not to do this. It’s complicated to me. The last thing I need is a denied background check.
You are asking why CA is F upped. Simple, too many Dems/commies/libtards.
 
Back
Top Bottom