18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Recommendations wanted: Head Shavers?

However, save yourself a bunch of money, use hair conditioner as your shaving lubricant, not soap, not aerosol gel, not even shave cream. When you are finished shaving your face and head, thoroughly rinse and dry the the razor by shaking it vigorously and storing it in the open air where it will dry quickly. I've been doing this for decades and I get at least ten shaves out of each cartridge. Also, remember to get the closest shave you have to pass the razor over each area in different directions.

Thanks! I've never thought to use hair conditioner as the shaving lubricant! I may have to give that a try seeing how all of these electric razors nowadays are "waterproof".

It’s beyond me as to why guys shave anything. Besides being a pain in the ass, it also takes time and money. Just go natural.

It's going to be a pain in the ass, but without going into specifics; it's required for my job for the next or so.
 
Thanks! I've never thought to use hair conditioner as the shaving lubricant! I may have to give that a try seeing how all of these electric razors nowadays are "waterproof".
I don't think the hair conditioner would work well with a waterproof electric razor but, I've only ever used it with straight razors, safety razors and the Gillette Mach 3, which is my best experience.
 
Beard and hair is no dirtier than your skin.

And I keep my beard short. Ish.

A short beard is certainly different than a "Duck Dynasty" style beard (see picture), this is what I pictured when you said: "it also takes time and money. Just go natural". Seems to me that short beards can require quite a bit of attention, trimming them, shampooing all your days food out of them, etc. It's one thing to a be a special forces operator trying to blend into an Islamic populace (which is how beards experienced a resurgence of popularity in the early 2000s, the cosplay factor) that and chubby guys without chins but, it's another thing to go around looking like a person who was raised by wolves and is infested with fleas and ticks.

Admittedly, I spent decades in the military where clean shaven was the norm.

1767458415152.webp
 

I tried Nair over a decade ago on other parts of my body - it was not the most pleasant experience and not sure if I'll do it again. Not to mention, my skin has gotten more sensitive with age so I can't imagine the feeling it would have on my scalp...
 
Back
Top Bottom