18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Reviewing and Fixing my Springfield Echelon. Range day

blackhawk556

Active member
Messages
125
Classified ads
1
Since the Echelon was just added to the roster, I figured I give you my view on the gun and whether you should buy it.

Took the echelon to the outdoor range for the first time and it shot well. When I initially shot it a few weeks ago, the beaver tail hit the thumb knuckle really bad to the point where it was making me not like the gun. I had to adjust my thumb big time to keep it from irritating the knuckle. Yesterday I worked up the courage and got 220 grit sand paper and went to work. I rounded the tail and headed to the range today.

What a difference!

Now I can hold it like normal and purchasing another grip module can wait. I got a hold of Wilson Combat and they have no plans on releasing a grip module. I have their module of my X5 and it’s amazing so I’m a little bummed out.

I took a few shots at 5 yards and it was too easy. NEXT? 100 yard Wong! The Holosun 507 Comp seemed to be sighted in for 100 yards. Point of aim Point of impact. I can’t believe how many times I hit the wong using my own reloads as well.

Grip texture is very good. Not rough, but holds the gun in place nicely. Compared to my M&P Competitor, that gun feels rough big time so if you have sensitive hands, you might like the Echelon better.

I’m so use to shooting the Apex Tactical Forward Set Sear Flat (FSS) trigger on the M2.0 that it made the Echelon trigger feel heavy but it still felt very good. Apex spoiled me so I’m going to look into getting an upgrade just because the FSS is amazing.

I few weeks ago I won a local/small bullseye event with the Echelon so that is nice. I won some treats :)

For as low as $629 at Turners ($629 + 19.35% Fresno Tax + $39 DROS= $789, I think this gun is worth it. Seeing Glock Gen3 in every gun store is so boring now lol. I paid the off roster premium ($160 extra) at $950 OTD but I’m good with that since I don’t have to worry about LCI/Mag disconnect.

Here are some pictures of how I modified the tail.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4485.jpeg
    IMG_4485.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4486.jpeg
    IMG_4486.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4488.jpeg
    IMG_4488.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4490.jpeg
    IMG_4490.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom