18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Ruger LCP Max LCI Removal

Bruce8959

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
Has anybody successfully removed, replaced, and or modified the loaded chamber indicator on their LCP Max? Thanks.
 
Has anybody successfully removed, replaced, and or modified the loaded chamber indicator on their LCP Max? Thanks.

Push out the pin, grind the bottom, paint the top, reinstall. Or, scribe the profile minus the bottom shape, on same thickness piece of metal of your choice, finish as desired and reinstall.

Personally, I don’t mind the LCI, it’s the mag disconnect that I need’s to be eliminated.
 
Push out the pin, grind the bottom, paint the top, reinstall. Or, scribe the profile minus the bottom shape, on same thickness piece of metal of your choice, finish as desired and reinstall.

Personally, I don’t mind the LCI, it’s the mag disconnect that I need’s to be eliminated.
I prefer an LCI now a days. Better than a press check and safer. Its tactile in dark, or just glance at it in the light. Less chance of a ND because you are not manipulating anything. Yes I know gun safety rules, but doesn't change the fact that an LCI is safer than a press check. Anytime you are manipulating a firearm there's always a chance for bad 💩 to happen even when you're super duper careful.

I know its now as cool as a John Wick press check, but this is real life.
 
I prefer an LCI now a days. Better than a press check and safer. Its tactile in dark, or just glance at it in the light. Less chance of a ND because you are not manipulating anything. Yes I know gun safety rules, but doesn't change the fact that an LCI is safer than a press check. Anytime you are manipulating a firearm there's always a chance for bad 💩 to happen even when you're super duper careful.

I know its now as cool as a John Wick press check, but this is real life.

I agree with your thoughts on the LCI. I personally don't need it but that tactile feel in the dark, I won't complain about it!

But that mag disconnect will fall out of mine when it comes home.
 
Back
Top Bottom