18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

S&W Shield X announced

XeRoFuN

CGN Member
Calguns Verified
Messages
29
The Shield Plus was my pick over the P365 and Hellcat because it felt better in my hand, had a better trigger and pointed better for me. I am hoping S&W brings the new Shield X to the roster. Optic ready, longer grip (no longer need a pinky extension), an actual rail and better slide serrations.

 

Attachments

  • IMG_0908.jpeg
    IMG_0908.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I also chose the Shield Plus over any other micro9, and do not regret my decision. It's probably the best small CCW pistol I've ever owned.

The new Shield X appears to be S&W's answer to the P365XL and P365 XMacro.

I do own the P365 XMacro, which is my 41st pistol. I believe it is the best "all around" pistol I have ever owned. So, this ShieldX with the ergonomics of a P365 XL/XMacro is for sure something very interesting and definitely going on my stalk list.
 
Last edited:
I find this statement very interesting. How would you describe it being a better trigger?
For me, I like the Shield Plus’ more defined wall as well as the reset than something like the P365 where it just feels like mush with a long take up and then it breaks. The Hellcat, I only tried it at a gun store and can’t remember the trigger on it but I did prefer the Shield’s trigger out of those 3.
 
This definitely looks like a great option to rival the macro or g43x/48 with shield mags... hope it is added to the roster

As far as triggers go im somewhere in the middle. I have a shield plus and ive always liked the break and felt it was much more crisp than a sig, but at least on my example, the reset is very long, soft, & weak and almost has two stages to it. I much prefer the very positive and tactile reset on a p365 or 43x

I hope they can fix the reset on the shield x, then it would be hands down the best micro 9
 
For me, I like the Shield Plus’ more defined wall as well as the reset than something like the P365 where it just feels like mush with a long take up and then it breaks. The Hellcat, I only tried it at a gun store and can’t remember the trigger on it but I did prefer the Shield’s trigger out of those 3.

This is how I feel about the Shield Plus and P365 as well. The Shield plus is way ahead. If the P365 has the Shield Plus trigger it’ll be my primary carry gun instead of the PDP.
 
For me too, Shield Plus good trigger. Agree with others have said, but also like the flat face trigger. Resembles alot to my Canik flat face triggers I have on my Caniks. Obviusly not as wide and as of a good trigger.
 
Back
Top Bottom