18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Saddleback Valley Gun Center

Plenty_Pack_556

Well-known member
Messages
1,209
This WAS a little known hole-in-the-wall gun store in Laguna Hills, an exit before On-Target range.

Only 1 employee, the owner, a disgruntled man puffing away his cigars inside the store with his dog.

He had bits and ends of all types of ammo, miscellaneous parts, and guns.

He'll take advantage of people that don't know guns and buy it for himself and rarely puts it out for sale. And for this reason, I've never felt bad buying items he had no clue on and turning around to make a quick buck to buy toward a bigger 2A item or buying what I really need at a price that is unheard of throughout 4 corners of USA.

He had unique way of doing DROS, no other FFL does this way. Takes your id/fsc to get copy, jots down your basic information, and tells you to come back in 10 days. No paper fill out, etc. (Does give you the approved copy dros though.)

Cash is king here, and lets you barter/bargain prices. He let me look around all places in his gun store like I was the owner, letting me find items he forgot he had.

The major turn off for most customers were the cigar smoking; constant hate talk on liberals, left, democrats; and the open racism environment. If you could forgo those bads about him, he was a good FFL to do business with.

When I heard that he was closing business, I mean with the amount of good stuff I bought from him at low prices, I bought some knickknacks I didn't need or want (with the thought of gifting it via reddit, facebook, or here, etc).

The business has closed. These small businesses in the gun industries are a bigger loss than a box gun stores in my opinion. I would have shared his final week cash sales, but... I caught the ban. (Did I win the first active member to catch a ban award? Lol)

Anyways, it was good while it lasted. My last good purchase was MI free float handguard new in box for $10.
 
I lived in laguna niguel way back then and remember that place.I thought he was an ok guy almost bought my first handgun there.There was an oc sheriff guy that would stop by and talk with the owner older guy.When i was in there looking at 1911s the sheriff guy tried to sway me to a sig 220 he carried one and pulled it out unloaded it and was showing me the advantages of it.his was a german one where the mag release was on the bottom.

could always go in there and talk guns though.As for on target i went there when they first opened up first day and did go often at the time since we only lived right up the street.Then there was true outdoorsman off avery and margerite manager guy was really cools an miles too.Miles and one of the other guys ended up at B&B the other guy was a 🍆 though never really liked him just a snobby attitude.
 
This WAS a little known hole-in-the-wall gun store in Laguna Hills, an exit before On-Target range.

Only 1 employee, the owner, a disgruntled man puffing away his cigars inside the store with his dog.

He had bits and ends of all types of ammo, miscellaneous parts, and guns.

He'll take advantage of people that don't know guns and buy it for himself and rarely puts it out for sale. And for this reason, I've never felt bad buying items he had no clue on and turning around to make a quick buck to buy toward a bigger 2A item or buying what I really need at a price that is unheard of throughout 4 corners of USA.

He had unique way of doing DROS, no other FFL does this way. Takes your id/fsc to get copy, jots down your basic information, and tells you to come back in 10 days. No paper fill out, etc. (Does give you the approved copy dros though.)

Cash is king here, and lets you barter/bargain prices. He let me look around all places in his gun store like I was the owner, letting me find items he forgot he had.

The major turn off for most customers were the cigar smoking; constant hate talk on liberals, left, democrats; and the open racism environment. If you could forgo those bads about him, he was a good FFL to do business with.

When I heard that he was closing business, I mean with the amount of good stuff I bought from him at low prices, I bought some knickknacks I didn't need or want (with the thought of gifting it via reddit, facebook, or here, etc).

The business has closed. These small businesses in the gun industries are a bigger loss than a box gun stores in my opinion. I would have shared his final week cash sales, but... I caught the ban. (Did I win the first active member to catch a ban award? Lol)

Anyways, it was good while it lasted. My last good purchase was MI free float handguard new in box for $10.
Great review, refreshingly unfiltered.
 
Back
Top Bottom