18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Shield X - Looking for other's experience for carry

bcj68

Well-known member
Messages
208
OK, I have a Shield X which I love,. but the grip still prints a bit for me. (I have a small amount of tactical girth and I carry appendix...). Does anyone have any suggestions for holsters that have been effective on this gun. for appendix?

Also, I have seen my magazine "grenade" once when I dropped a loaded one on the floor. Are there any aftermarket solutions for the magazine floorplate for our 10-rounders.

Thanks allDSC_1077.webp
 
If the grips printing a holster change won’t help much. It’s probably not printing as much as you think and no one would actually notice. If you care that much about it you can try an enigma belt setup to change position of it. Shield plus has a shorter grip if it’s a big enough issue to you. It’s one of those things that probably only you will notice
 
I wouldn't worry about it, nobody will notice and the Shield X is still a pretty small gun relatively. You can try the claw thing, this is why I prefer 4 o clock
 
If you have a bit of a belly you would likely benefit from a combination of a claw and a wedge. The wedge pushes the handle into your belly, the claw rotates the grip into your belly.

Another observation is that if you have a little gun a muffin top will push on the handle and the short barrel won’t be able to stop it from rotating. If you get a gun with a longer slide it will act like a wedge and stop the rotation.
 
A Crossbreed MiniTuck at 330-400 is very comfortable for me, and has minimal printing.

Full disclosure, I haven’t carried my Shield X much yet, but I’ve had a G43 with 8 round mags (very similar size/shape) for years now, carried it in the MiniTuck. The Shield X is a little more comfortable and prints a little bit less in the same model holster in testing around the house.
 
Back
Top Bottom