18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Sig p220 CA

skb720

Well-known member
Messages
197
I handled a new in the box Sig p220 45 ACP, surprised to find there's no LCI. Sig p226 CA model has that ugly annoy LCI, why p220 CA model doesn't have it?
 
I think it was on the roster before the requirements. Great gun.

There's a few on roster that doesn't have the CA stuff.
Beretta PX4, 92, Tomcat
Sig P220
Glocks, until July anyway
Some HKs I think? I know P2000 and SK
Some 1911s
Springfield EMP

Those are the ones I've personally seen at least. There are more I'm sure, but not much left.
 
My P220 Combat CA mfg date 2006 has no LCI and no mag disconnect parts compared to my P226 MK25 CA mfg date 2018, but M NO4H is right that the P220 was on roster before LCI/Mag disco were required
 
I have a p226 that was bought on roster, a long time ago, without lci or mag disconnect. Not sure how true this is, but I read this week that Sig "forgot" to renew roster status on a gun 10 years ago or so and had to add lci and mag disconnect to get it back on. Model wasn't mentioned, but I thought then if it is true it was probably a p226.
 
My understanding is that the P226 changed the extractor design at some point and as such had to then have an LCI and mag disconnect. No changes made to the P220 so no need for LCI and mag disconnect. There are plenty of P226’s used on the market that old enough to avoid mag disconnect and LCI. I bought one recently for $600 and have seen at least half a dozen here without LCI and mag disconnects over the last 3 months.
 
No LCI on any of my stainless Sigs.

As for mag disconnect, no clue, but I don't recall there being any kind of discussion about that subject back then.
 
Back
Top Bottom