18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics Sig Sauer Photo Thread

I'm new to firearms in general, but I think my problem is that I did all the mods at once on a stock pistol. Nothing was worn or broken in, so I believe I messed with the tolerances. I'm hopeful that after enough rounds the issues will work themselves out. The first 50 rounds on the stock P365 during my intro to pistols class were flawless. Now I have light strikes, failures to eject, failure to return to battery. I've changed springs, tried to tighten my grip, also tried to break in the ejector as I've read it can be an issue. Waiting on an Echelon now and I promised myself I won't mess with it. ;)
nothing wrong with mods if you know what you are doing, I'll say this though Zaffiri parts suck so I wouldn't be surprised if it was that slide and/or barrel if you got a barrel. I would replace parts back to stock until it stops doing weird stuff. There's always a reason something doesn't work so it should be possible to suss it out.
 
nothing wrong with mods if you know what you are doing, I'll say this though Zaffiri parts suck so I wouldn't be surprised if it was that slide and/or barrel if you got a barrel. I would replace parts back to stock until it stops doing weird stuff. There's always a reason something doesn't work so it should be possible to suss it out.
I was curious about ZP so thanks for this! I’m looking at Arc Division.
 
I was curious about ZP so thanks for this! I’m looking at Arc Division.
I haven't heard of Arc Division but I will say that slides are the easiest way to make your gun have problems. second is barrels. But I've had plenty of aftermarket slides that work great, for instance the Brownells branded slides have always run well and they have a good return policy so if it's crap you can just send it back. that's what I would suggest is just make sure any slide you buy you can return, some people will want to "warranty" the item and you get screwed.
 
This I what i have now. But in a few months who knows lol
P226 mk25 pro cut slide grey guns trigger
P229 enhance elite
P365 fuse
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2496.webp
    IMG_2496.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2495.webp
    IMG_2495.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 22
I'm new to firearms in general, but I think my problem is that I did all the mods at once on a stock pistol. Nothing was worn or broken in, so I believe I messed with the tolerances. I'm hopeful that after enough rounds the issues will work themselves out. The first 50 rounds on the stock P365 during my intro to pistols class were flawless. Now I have light strikes, failures to eject, failure to return to battery. I've changed springs, tried to tighten my grip, also tried to break in the ejector as I've read it can be an issue. Waiting on an Echelon now and I promised myself I won't mess with it. ;)

Im the same way. Im not so sure I'd blame the slide first...I have the same ZP slide and it works great for me (had to refinish it though - cheap finish!).

Work backwards from the cheapest to the most expensive mods as you troubleshoot. Light strikes and failures to eject/return to battery are pretty normal to tie back to springs. The kits serve to soften kick or lighten the trigger pull. Change the spring on the slide and you might soften kick, but too much and you get stovepipes and ejection failures. Soften the spring on the striker, you lighten the trigger pull; too much and you get light strikes....

I used the AC kit - I think its $20 bucks and comes with a lighter striker/striker block spring; reduced sear and a stronger trigger return spring. The striker spring instantly created light strikes. swapped half of it back to OEM - kept the sear and return spring but the striker springs were just wrong.
 
Here are my bad boys no jams no hiccups….
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9441.webp
    IMG_9441.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 78796616122__A6B4A829-2468-4192-B5EF-542A530E0148.webp
    78796616122__A6B4A829-2468-4192-B5EF-542A530E0148.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 21
P365 and p320 x5 legion
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5857.webp
    IMG_5857.webp
    130.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6917.webp
    IMG_6917.webp
    114.5 KB · Views: 19
Picked up a SIG Pro slide (optic cut) during Black Friday — came complete with all internals and iron sights. Dropped in a Romeo X Pro, direct fit with no plate needed, and the co-witness is spot on. Had the slide Cerakoted at Kings Customs Cerakote & Engraving. A couple folks on Reddit suggested going Magpul FDE, and I’m really glad I listened — the color match with the Scorpion frame is excellent. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Shoots great, looks even better.

Just sharing in case it helps anyone considering a similar setup
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2289.webp
    IMG_2289.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2290.webp
    IMG_2290.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2291.webp
    IMG_2291.webp
    15 KB · Views: 22
My little P365 of Theseus. Not much left that's original, including internals. I shouldn't have done it either because I've lost some of the reliability!
View attachment 133917
Put back the stock parts and work your way backwards if you still have the parts, or simply put in stock oem sig slide internals. I’ve had issues with ZP slide on my Glock before went back to oem internals and it got rid of the light strikes and wore the upper in after 1000 rounds and tons of racking the slide to break in the rails.

But my Glock 26 with ports ran completely fine with full zp upper so just work your way backwards if you can on your p365. It’ll take a few range visits but it’s a learning process.
 
Last edited:
Sig 225, 226, 228.
Replaced several of the 225 base plates with anodized aluminum plates from Brad Davis that fit flush with the frame.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2506.webp
    IMG_2506.webp
    106.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2505.webp
    IMG_2505.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2503.webp
    IMG_2503.webp
    100.6 KB · Views: 14
Found an extra slide on Ebay back in December, and immediately sent it out for a cut and cerakote.
 

Attachments

  • 20260210_164526.webp
    20260210_164526.webp
    126.5 KB · Views: 13
Just went to the range. P320 AXG Scorpion and P320 AXG Pro. Alongside my G48 MoS.
 

Attachments

  • 20260211_120845.webp
    20260211_120845.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom