18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Bugs Open Site bug? icons/avatars not loading

Something needs fixing!
This is open for discussion or for the time being

Darqhelmet

Look what I can do!
Range Member
2026
Messages
813
Classified ads
1
So i’ve been getting a weird bug on my phone and ipad the past couple days where the caguns logo at the top doesn’t load, no one’s avatar loads, and what I assume is random bits of threads don’t load.

I’ve turned on and off filter, script blocking, cell, internal network, public networks, etc.

Anyone else running into this or is something i’m filtering?
 
So i’ve been getting a weird bug on my phone and ipad the past couple days where the caguns logo at the top doesn’t load, no one’s avatar loads, and what I assume is random bits of threads don’t load.

I’ve turned on and off filter, script blocking, cell, internal network, public networks, etc.

Anyone else running into this or is something i’m filtering?
Is it a little question mark and using Safari? Then do the verification?
 
It’s been happening to me off and on using safari throughout the day with verification page ever since you cracked down on those attacks.
 
It’s been happening to me off and on using safari throughout the day with verification page ever since you cracked down on those attacks.
Yep, that's what it is.. Usually it's just the connection needs a refresh.
 
This is actually pretty annoying when it hits. I’ll try to fix it this weekend
 
it has been like this all day for me.
Found the bug, it is related to the recent security change I made. After confirming that wasn't so much an issue I rolled that single change back. We should be gtg now.

Thank you for reporting and supporting the site.
 
Found the bug, it is related to the recent security change I made. After confirming that wasn't so much an issue I rolled that single change back. We should be gtg now.

Thank you for reporting and supporting the site.
it’s gtg now. I’ll update here if it breaks again.
 
You're using a VPN that is known for AI scraping.

That's peculiar. The browser and VPN(s) work just fine on every other site I access, including all of my banking and investment sites as well as my .mil and .gov government portals.

What VPN service do you think I am using? My research indicates neither of my VPNs are known for AI scraping.
 
That's peculiar. The browser and VPN(s) work just fine on every other site I access, including all of my banking and investment sites as well as my .mil and .gov government portals.

What VPN service do you think I am using? My research indicates neither of my VPNs are known for AI scraping.
That's great. I'm just telling you what the issue is. Once I can afford the security team like banks, investment sites, and gov't portals perhaps it'll be available to you. ;)

If you notice, those sites you pay fees or taxes.
 
That's great. I'm just telling you what the issue is. Once I can afford the security team like banks, investment sites, and gov't portals perhaps it'll be available to you. ;)

If you notice, those sites you pay fees or taxes.

Not sure how implementing measures that only impact avatars and custom graphics is going to defend against AI scraping.

It seems to me that a browser fingerprinting attempt is failing, possibly you are using some kind anti-bot fingerprinting mechanism that isn't cutting the mustard.

Hey, it's not that important to me, I figured you wanted to know about bugs and this is a bug.
 
Not sure how implementing measures that only impact avatars and custom graphics is going to defend against AI scraping.

It seems to me that a browser fingerprinting attempt is failing, possibly you are using some kind anti-bot fingerprinting mechanism that isn't cutting the mustard.

Hey, it's not that important to me, I figured you wanted to know about bugs and this is a bug.
It's working as expected... You're using systems outside the US. It's supposed to be a bad experience. It doesn't affect people in the US/California.

It also doesn't impact just the avatar, but it does prevent things we don't want.
 
Brave or Braves VPN? I uninstalled the most recent update from them because it was making my phone and tablet run crazy hot.
 
Back
Top Bottom