18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Smith & Wesson Performance Center® MODEL 36 Field Ethos™ DAO

Not good. But if you can get to a decent sized shop and have the pick of the litter so to say you can get a cosmetically good one. Range trip will vett everything else.

I have a UC that turned out to be amazing but I also picked from a lot of 10.

Rifle gear limited my hand picking to three and I know they had at least 10 of that item.

I left 95% satisfied.
 
Not good. But if you can get to a decent sized shop and have the pick of the litter so to say you can get a cosmetically good one. Range trip will vett everything else.

I have a UC that turned out to be amazing but I also picked from a lot of 10.
This is why I'm afraid to get into Wheel Guns the QC consistency is ass from what I read in all manufactures and me lacking knowledge what to look for doesn't help. In SoCal revolver experts/smith are almost non-existent and the whole parts bs holds me back from wanting to learn to do it myself... Only thing gives me hope are SA Revolvers.
 
Rifle gear limited my hand picking to three and I know they had at least 10 of that item.

I left 95% satisfied.

This is why I'm afraid to get into Wheel Guns the QC consistency is ass from what I read in all manufactures and me lacking knowledge what to look for doesn't help. In SoCal revolver experts/smith are almost non-existent and the whole parts bs holds me back from wanting to learn to do it myself... Only thing gives me hope are SA Revolvers.
A ruger gp100 is hard to beat man. Literal toyota pick-up
 
A ruger gp100 is hard to beat man. Literal toyota pick-up
Then I’m considering a 22lr just because I want that DA discipline and manipulation that SA doesn’t get you, plus 22 is cheaper than .38/.357. I hear that the sp101 triggers are heavier than the gp100 is this true?
 
This is why I'm afraid to get into Wheel Guns the QC consistency is ass from what I read in all manufactures and me lacking knowledge what to look for doesn't help. In SoCal revolver experts/smith are almost non-existent and the whole parts bs holds me back from wanting to learn to do it myself... Only thing gives me hope are SA Revolvers.

Every place I ordered from let me inspect before dros'ing it and I did reject a Kimber. I like the size and shape but it's lock-up was defective.

A revolver that impressed me was the Executive 856. It's still one of my favorite guns and it got me to think taurus was ok then I bought one of their other models and had to send it in which turned into 1.5 year wait for a replacement.

I just dros'd a different model instead of that one, and this one is their new Deputy in 45 colt. The lock-up is excellent, not a hint of play in any direction, it passed my inspection so I thought I'd give it a try and I pick it up in about a week.

My worst experience was with Ruger. Everyone says they're built like tanks, well exactly half the rugers I bought in my lifetime had to go back for repair or replacement. I still buy them, I just know there's 50/50 chance that I'd be dealing with their cs dept.

Inspect before buying and if you order, make sure you have the option to reject it with a full refund. Davidsons Gallery of Guns is good for this, as is KYGunCo.
 
Back
Top Bottom