18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

So Cal people who have has lasik

I had my surgery done by NVISION in 2023 and I elected to do the more expensive Contoura LASIK procedure that corrected my astigmatism as well. My eye doctor recommended NVISION because they have a fantastic reputation - in fact, they are the ones who people go to to correct botched surgeries by other providers. It was 100% worth it and I would absolutely do it again. After dealing with dry eyes and irritation when I wore contacts, or having glasses damaged or broken when playing recreational sports, or getting smashed by my toddlers, the freedom of perfect 20/20 vision from the moment I wake up was transformational. Being glasses free during my 30s, 40s, and beyond is absolutely worth every penny. If I need glasses when I get older, then so be it. Better to be glasses free in my prime and then get glasses again when I'm in my retirement years, rather than suffer with glasses my whole life.

As a bonus related specifically to shooting sports, red dot sights no longer bloom on me.
 
I had LASIK, lasted 10-years before I needed glasses again. Now I need RC glasses at night, RX sunglasses help during the day. Sat, I can’t wear contacts like I used to nor can I have it corrected again. Age is also a factor. Being 50 I guess your eyes start to deteriorate. Also need reading glasses as well. But… it was worth it
 
Back
Top Bottom