18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Stealth Arms Platypus

I prefer the aesthetics of the prickle grip as well, but the fact that the prickle grip has a border around it has a lot to do with it. I wish they'd done that on the chainlink grip as well.
I ordered chain link, not even thinking about prickle. Had I seen a prickle as I have now, I would go with the prickle grip
 
You should also check out the Jacob grey we have in stock, 2499 and takes Atlas mags. It's insane. That said, if you want to customize it or run Glock mags, the platypus is the way to go
 
You should also check out the Jacob grey we have in stock, 2499 and takes Atlas mags. It's insane. That said, if you want to customize it or run Glock mags, the platypus is the way to go
Hopefully ya’ll have one in Riverside when I go to DROS my Platypus and Atlas in the next few weeks. Looking to add the Jacob to the collection early 2025
 
If anyone is looking, I’m selling my ported Platypus in the classified section.
 
My Platypus is top-notch.

I ordered from 2A Zone on 03/02/2024 and picked up on 08/02/2024.

The Cerakote job was perfect. Magpul ODG, Magpul Sniper Grey fill, and Hunter Orange fire controls.

Slide has that lovely ‘ball bearing’ feel.

Trigger crisp (I got the competition trigger @ 2.5-3.0lb) with great reset.

Love that it uses G17 mags because I’ve got a Troll’s Hoard of them, haha!!

If the Platypus were available before I got my Atlas Titan RDS, I would’ve been happy and passed on the Atlas (this is no knock to the Atlas folks, haha!! My Atlas is super-awesome). But for ME the Platypus is more than enough.

Looks great with the SRO too, haha!!

View attachment 8102

View attachment 8103
I'm local to 2nd amendment zone and am curious to how much you paid for the platypus aswell as the process of ordering through 2nd amendment. I've have a few saved on the site and would be extremely ecstatic if I would could have the chance to order one. Thank you.
 
I'm local to 2nd amendment zone and am curious to how much you paid for the platypus aswell as the process of ordering through 2nd amendment. I've have a few saved on the site and would be extremely ecstatic if I would could have the chance to order one. Thank you.
I'd call or email @2azone to get the info straight from them. I ordered seven months ago, so prices and process may have changed.

They are great to work with!

 
Old thread yes but the Platypus recently got my attention, can anyone here can tell me about the SSE to semi auto process? I have had to deal with the SSE AR pistol process, which is now registered to me as semi auto. Wondering if it is something similar.

And it looks like you can customize it how you want and 2A zone orders for you?
 
I've been itching to add something fun to the collection and as the 1911 is my favorite, I've been looking into DS 9mm 1911/2011s. A good friend of mine has an Atlas Erebus and Athena and the Erebus shoots like a dream. Got me thinking about picking something like that up.

Very interested in a Staccato but I'm not keen on paying the asking prices I've seen via the PPT route, and I have yet to find a shop to SSE them. Atlas is out of the question, just from a financial standpoint.

I ran by some videos on the Stealth Arms Platypus and they have been getting very positive reviews and the price seem relatively reasonable, all things considered. Love the idea of it running Glock mags.

Has anyone here had an opportunity to see on in the flesh and shoot it? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Would also be great to know how their customer service is. I'm also open to anyone's suggestions on 1911s/2011s in general!

It's alright. Nothing game changing. I had the 4.25" model, and id say my opinion since you're on a budget just go with a Springfield 1911 prodigy.
 
Old thread yes but the Platypus recently got my attention, can anyone here can tell me about the SSE to semi auto process? I have had to deal with the SSE AR pistol process, which is now registered to me as semi auto. Wondering if it is something similar.

And it looks like you can customize it how you want and 2A zone orders for you?
The conversion is simple, see below

https://www.2azone.com/pages/in-stock-now?brand_id=7413&local=true&page=1 see here for all in stock Stealth Arms platypus, alternatively We are able to sell the Stealth Arms Platypus via single shot exemption. You can utilize Stealth Arms's pistol builder feature on their website: https://www.stealtharms.net/p/platypus then save your design. Go to the 'your designs' tab and hit the button to the right with three lines, rename your build with your email, then copy the link and send it to us to order your pistol. Your cost is MSRP plus 10%, plus tax and DROS, we will need payment in full before we can send the order.

Please note * You are allowed (1) change from the date your design is submitted. Any changes after will incur a $100 fee (in addition to your requested changes). Any modifications to an order that is already in the manufacturing process will incur a $200 fee (in addition to your requested changes). All modifications will reset your lead time.
 
Tons of builds on their site are under 2k, 1800ish is easy on the builder
Can be less if you really cut down. It'll be bare minimum but it'll still work. I'll mess with the builder a bit. Do I need to come into the shop to order? Or can it be processed online? Dros obviously in person, but before that.
 
Can be less if you really cut down. It'll be bare minimum but it'll still work. I'll mess with the builder a bit. Do I need to come into the shop to order? Or can it be processed online? Dros obviously in person, but before that.
If you read my post above that will have that answer and how to do it!
 
Sorry but I don't see it explicitly stated. But it looks like initial order to get it built can be done online, if I'm understanding correctly. If it's there, I apologize I missed it.
Yes, build what you want, email us the link to your build, we go from there!
 
If you have any questions about the process from a consumer side, feel free to send me a message. I am located in the Bay Area and had my Platypus sent to a local FFL fairly recently.

Platypus is a great 2011. I cannot say anything but good things about the pistol as well as the customer service I received from Stealth Arms. Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom