18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Step-by-step FFL03 and COE Application Instructions

You'll get an email from CFARS saying your application is incomplete pending FFL03 number. Once you get that, scan it and upload into the file field, think I used "any other document" but it doesn't appear to matter. I replied to the incomplete email saying that it had been updated and was then approved 45 minutes later. This was January 2025 for reference
Thank you! Hoping it goes smoothly. Now I wait for my FFL03 card.
 
does anyone have access to a updated guide? the youtube video has been taken down and to say the least, i am confused lol. Thanks
 
Got the cfars email saying denied because my ffl03 is in progress with the ATF and to reload my COE once I have the ffl03. Do you get an email from the ATF? Or an actual like card or paperwork in the mail? How does the ffl03 actually come? And how long before you guys heard from the ATF?
 
Hello! Just wanted to do my part on here. Here is a link to a tutorial I made on applying for an FFL03 and COE!

Keep in mind that currently the CA DOJ is requiring you to provide your FFL03 license prior to issuing your COE. It seems that the previous method of writing them back and asking for them to proceed due to a pending FFL03, is now being rejected. I will be working on an updated video to reflect these changes. However, the application instructions are still current.
your video was scrubbed
 
Back
Top Bottom