18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Trusted Safe Delivery Companies

jjsmillie89

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
Was planning to get a Big Horn safe from Costco, but concerned they outsource delivery crew to who knows what kind of people. The appliance delivery crew was hard working and seemed nice, but delivery big safe into a specific location in my house and bolted down to garage floor, I need trusted and background checked crew. Any recommendations? Thanks!
 
Where are you located? I have a Sturdy Safe (that's a brand name, not a description). They are in Fresno, and deliver from there. I picked mine up instead of having it delivered, and set it up with the help of neighbors. For what they give you (massive amount of steel), they are quite inexpensive, but they don't look very fancy. I turn the "inexpensive" into "get more safe for the same money". If you are far away (Yreka or San Diego), getting one from Fresno is probably a bad idea, but if you are in the Bay Area of Central Valley, it might be worth looking into.

But to directly answer your question: No, I don't know a reliable and trustworthy safe delivery company.
 
Just browsed the Sturdy Safe website, very nice, exactly what I am looking for, thanks! I am in Elk Grove, so if they deliver from Fresno, shouldn't be too far for them.
 
I bought what I thought was a good deal on a 800 lb "safe" from Home Depot. It got lost in delivery for several weeks, the shipping company lied about it and said it was delivered, when it finally showed up, the driver kicked it off the back of the truck and broke one of the hinges, damaged my concrete driveway, and drove away. Home Depot said they wouldn't send anyone to come pick it up and that I had to bring it back to the nearest store (90 minutes away) to return it. After several weeks of fighting with them about it they finally came and picked it up and refunded me.

During all of this, I started looking at reviews and it turns out most of the big box places like that use shipping companies with horrific reviews and people get screwed over left and right.

I would HIGHLY recommend going to an actual safe company/store and buying from them and paying them for delivery. I did that, and got a well over 4k lb TL30 delivered and installed for not much more than the Home Depot nightmare would have cost had it went well.
 
If you are concerned then buy directly from a local locksmith or with an actual safe company. Not only should they be background checked and bonded. They probably are the best knowledge wise how and where it should be mounted.
 
Sturdy makes an outstanding safe at an exceptional value. They will provide pretty good discounts if a group buy is arranged.

I had my last one, which was the largest they sell, delivered to my buddy’s business because they have a loading dock. And then had it delivered to my house by a trusted local contractor who is also a buddy. They deliver them on pallets of course so anybody with a forklift and truck should be able to help get it to your house. From there you can hire an actual safe mover to dolly it into location and help you bolt it down if you need that assistance.
 
When I bought my Bighorn from Costco a decade ago, the delivery company contacted me the night before delivery and verified that I would be home and set up for delivery. They called again the next day to tell me they were about a half-hour out. When they came, it was on a box truck, lowered from the ramp, and they offered to wheel it to the back behind the side gate instead of leaving it in the driveway. They unstrapped it from the pallet and offered to take the pallet and cardboard/plastic wrap.

Now, I hear-tell things have changed a touch since then, and that it's all very region- and crew-dependent. So basically a crapshoot. But overall I'm happy with the "safe" (residential security container) for what I paid then ($599.99) considering they're charging $899.99 and up for it (or one the same size & similar in features) now.
 
Was planning to get a Big Horn safe from Costco, but concerned they outsource delivery crew to who knows what kind of people. The appliance delivery crew was hard working and seemed nice, but delivery big safe into a specific location in my house and bolted down to garage floor, I need trusted and background checked crew. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Have you called any local safe shops to ask? Maybe call a locksmith, security company, etc?
Are there any shops near you that specifically sell safes, like Liberty?
 
Back
Top Bottom