18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Upgraded Ruger Marlin Dark Series

Beautiful

I love the octagonal barrels. .45 LC is mild. I agree the longer barrel definitely increases the velocity of the .357. There are several videos on YouTube about that.
Pistol calibers make a lot of sense for lever guns, because they are typically only good for 100-150 yards anyways. Most pistol rounds will take a deer or hog, which is where the lever guns shine.
I am not hunting. Those are solid cartridges for defense and target practice. +/- 100 yards are a perfect distance for iron sights.
I like low pressure rounds with heavy slugs. :D The .45 LC anyways.
 
OP, I’m a bit envious of your Marlin Dark.

I got a 1895 Trapper in 45-70, then bought all the tacti-cool bits from Ranger Point Precision.

About 4 months later, Marlin came out with the Dark Series, haha!! I would’ve gone that route in a heartbeat.
 
Back
Top Bottom