18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Value of this Colt 1911

GoLitely45

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
I am not well versed on Colts whatsoever; however, I have a chance to buy this pistol. It comes with 4 mags( 3 colt, and one mecgar) and a set of ivory grips. Also factory case and all ppw. The finish on this gun is like new. I cannot find any scratches or wear marks. The price would be $750 out the door. Is this a good price for this? Also, can someone help me with manufacture date? I tried using the database, but nothing comes up. The serial # is Cj54835 Forgive me for the poor quality photos. These are all I could get. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
 

Attachments

  • 20250214_150938.jpg
    20250214_150938.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20250214_150947.jpg
    20250214_150947.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20250214_151121.jpg
    20250214_151121.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 47
Is this in California if so, yeah. Off roster colt in what appears to be pristine condition. Killer deal Generally can’t find them for less than 1400 anyway and usually at that price point they’re a little beat up. Can’t help you with the exact manufacture date, but it’s going to be recent because of that box. Not necessarily recent recent, but not anything old. Even out of state 750 would seem to be reasonable. On the low end, the MSRP is 1000 depending on specific model up to about 12 or 1300.

Shoot, if you’re hedging about it, and it’s in SoCal shoot me a private message with the info and I’ll go buy it and I’m not even interested really in it
 
Last edited:
Thank you!! Exactly what i was thinking too but wasn't sure. I ended up grabbing it. It was in really cood condition to pass up. Plus it came with what looked like fake mother of pearl or ivory grips
 
Commander was what Colt came up with after WW2, it was generally known as the Officers Model if I recall.
Officers model is a different gun. Shorter slide and barrel than the Commander. I think Colt only made these briefly back in the 80s. They could never get them to run reliably. It wasn't until the more modern bull barrel designs that 1911 manufacturers could finally make a 1911 with shorter than a 4.25" slide assembly run reliably.
 
Officers model is a different gun. Shorter slide and barrel than the Commander. I think Colt only made these briefly back in the 80s. They could never get them to run reliably. It wasn't until the more modern bull barrel designs that 1911 manufacturers could finally make a 1911 with shorter than a 4.25" slide assembly run reliably.
I had one of those, it wouldn’t run reliably with much more than hardball. Traded it away. Now I have other examples that use the Bull barrel, no-bushing design. Favorite one is the Ruger.
 
My nephew just dros'd a 1981 mk4 series 70 for 1500.00, so yeah that is a great deal. I had a Commander exactly like the one the OP is showing a few years ago and had no problem feeding a variety of different loads and bullet shapes including my own reloads. Jump on it!
 
Great buy! You could easily double your money , if you decide to sell it.
That's a Model O 80 series commander. Mid 2010's.
 
That model was on california roster up until 2017ish. Cool gun. They were in the $900's when new. So good deal.
 
What's the serial number or series on the slide ? It's definitely not an Officers, it looks to be a combat commander, which is 1" shorter than a Gov't model and 1" longer than an Officers. The Combat Commander was never as popular as the Gov't or Officers, but it's a mid size pistol with 7 rd mag. Regardless, you're crazy if you don't buy it.
 
04691 was born in 2014. I almost bought one but upon inspection, I saw it has FPS and I stay away from series 80 1911s. I think yours is also called a 1991A1 model. I still researched on it wondering if there is actually a milspec commander series 70. Per serial number look up on the pistol that I almost bought, it was made 2014.
Also found this intel online


And YES for that price, it’s indeed a good deal!
 
Back
Top Bottom