18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

What are people doing for "precision"/Match ammo?

Gromann

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2026 2
Messages
170
After having driven around most of so-cal and checking the usual suspects with web stores it really seems like anything Eley/SK/Lapua is out of stock and when I do find a web site that has it in stock, they wont ship to CA FFL or not.

Does anyone have a good shop that stocks the stuff around the East LA-SB/OC area?
 
I’m not sure about in your area but LAXammo in San Diego had some better 22lr ammo in their store a few years ago. The price was not as pleasant but if they have what you need, it is far more convenient than trying to get some shipped to your local ffl.
 
It's out there. I just bought 2 cases of sk rifle match and one case of sk standard . When it comes in it is out of stock pretty fast for the good stuff.
 
I have a bad feeling this ammo stuff's gonna get outta hand and be a huge issue a back door ban. Just like all the pistols going 9mm then conveniently we won't be able tog et ammo for em
 
I got mine from LAX ammo in San Diego. It's not cheap.
I'm seeing when some of it's in stock on sites Lapua is going for 20-35c/round, is it about the same? Sent a message to LAX in OC to see if they carry any otherwise I'll probably keep running automatch (which has done pretty well so far, all things considered).
 
Have you tried the US Distributor? Killough
Their Eley packs are definitely appealing since I need to do testing on my rifle. I would like to see what it's capable of so I'm hoping to get a bit of "everything" to trial out.
 
KSS and Champions choice (champschoice.com) always have deep inventory of match 22 LR ammo (SK, Eley, etc).
 
As mentioned, order ELEY from Killough. They are the primary distributor and will ship straight to door (C&R+COE).

For Lapua, it's best to just make an appointment with the rimfire performance center in Mesa, drive down, and buy a case of ammo that shoots the best in your ammo after the test session is complete. There are a few dealers that honor C&R+COE, but as mentioned, stuff sells out too quickly and you're buying blind on lots.
 
Back
Top Bottom