18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback What do you think of this platform outside of CA?

Do you think this platform would work outside CA?

  • Yes - Go for it!

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • No - Better options (comment)

    Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wouldn't sell outside CA.

    Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Platform is generic enough it might work

    Votes: 2 4.3%

  • Total voters
    46

ikeo1

2A Developer 👨🏻‍💻
Staff member
CAguns Vendor
CAguns Prime
Messages
5,426
Classified ads
3
Looking for some opinions. What do you think about taking this platform outside of California? I'm thinking similar to GunAccessoriesForSale with the feedback system etc. A very stripped down version similar to TacSwap but with our feature set, filters, and ratings system?

Some things would have to be modified but I'm thinking we've built a pretty good framework for a 2A marketplace.

Just to be clear, it's mainly for accessories and not for firearms.

What would you think is the best way to get the word out?
 
Last edited:
I think you have done such a great job with the CA sight that you could do a site for each state, kind of like Craigslist does. Obviously you will need to identify a good mechanism to monetize such an endeavor.
 
I think you have done such a great job with the CA sight that you could do a site for each state, kind of like Craigslist does. Obviously you will need to identify a good mechanism to monetize such an endeavor.
I have some of that in place now, I’m thinking if you guys are satisfied it seems like I might have a good framework for other states and one generally. I’m thinking of maybe expanding

I’ll try to sync the feedback system too so if you’re on a network they all work together.

The more you guys help me build the better it gets. I’m actually amazed how far the platform has come and when I look at other places I think this place is ahead of most except the largest sites.
 
We need this in CA. I like the focus on local PPT, and there are plenty of other venues for interstate sales. It might be good for CAguns, but I don’t think it’s good for people like me.
Why not? Do you use tacswap, or gun accessories for sale? I’m thinking secondary market
 
It kind of defeats the purpose of a ca specific site. I think GB is for that. I am selling a cheap rifle that nobody would pay $150 to ship it which is what my local FFL charges. It's a pretty good deal for the amount I'm asking, with shipping not so much. And think of the poor people who wouldn't be able to extort others with their off roster pistol. It would also dilute and make it more of a chore to find items/deals in your state and area. Craigslist thing as mentioned above could work, but I don't want to see a site full of cool things I can't get because I don't live in real America like I do on GB.
 
It kind of defeats the purpose of a ca specific site. I think GB is for that. I am selling a cheap rifle that nobody would pay $150 to ship it which is what my local FFL charges. It's a pretty good deal for the amount I'm asking, with shipping not so much. And think of the poor people who wouldn't be able to extort others with their off roster pistol. It would also dilute and make it more of a chore to find items/deals in your state and area. Craigslist thing as mentioned above could work, but I don't want to see a site full of cool things I can't get because I don't live in real America like I do on GB.
CAguns would stay CAguns.

This is about another site using the same framework outside of CA, more general purpose. If you use GB that’s cool but they don’t do secondary accessories take a look at the site below as an example. I’m just thinking the work I did can be useful for other places. But first I still have to build up CAguns first with better categories

Tacswap.com
 
Gunsamerica.com had a local sales feature that I tried and I never got a nibble. I’ve been at this here for a couple of months and made three sales and bought two off roster pistols.

This site is awesome at connecting Californians for PPTs that widen our selection and save us 20%.

I’m all for anything that makes CAguns.net better but not if it comes at the expense of focus on PPTs between Californians.
 
I'm a shooting enthusiast and buyer, seller and trader of firearms accessories so I think expanding the sites reach would be a good idea and work out positively for all members.

Maybe make a section for out of state transactions for people here or else where that want to buy or sell items out of CA.

More eyes on your product or being able to see something you can't get around town would be a good thing for everyone.

Matt
 
I’m all for anything that makes CAguns.net better but not if it comes at the expense of focus on PPTs between Californians.
How would it be at the expense? If anything I think it would make the classifieds section more mature faster.

Just so you guys know it wouldn’t be under CAguns.net it would be another website. It’s more just a general question. Do you think this platform would work outside of CA?

This site will stay specific to CA but you could use your history/feedback for one outside if you wanted
 
How would it be at the expense? If anything I think it would make the classifieds section more mature faster.

Just so you guys know it wouldn’t be under CAguns.net it would be another website. It’s more just a general question. Do you think this platform would work outside of CA?

This site will stay specific to CA but you could use your history/feedback for one outside if you wanted
Okay, I misunderstood. Thought you would add out of state sellers. I’m all for other websites like NVguns etc.
 
I think you have done such a great job with the CA sight that you could do a site for each state, kind of like Craigslist does. Obviously you will need to identify a good mechanism to monetize such an endeavor.
What this persons said, if you do it, each state your roll out should be its own platform/site.
 
excellent idea. I think another option to tacswap or Reddit is needed. Keeping CA guns and adding the new non-local site is definitely the move. Let us know when it drops.
 
Interesting idea. I currently use FB marketplace to browse for gun accessories. They have different groups you can join where misc. gun related items are offered by its members.
I’m personally too paranoid to send money that is not to a business with licenses where legal action is an option if a transaction goes awry.
 
excellent idea. I think another option to tacswap or Reddit is needed. Keeping CA guns and adding the new non-local site is definitely the move. Let us know when it drops.
Lots to do here first... Just getting some feedback from folks.

Just added a new Accessory Type:

Seller Side:

Screenshot 2025-03-21 at 11.39.06 PM.webp

Buyer/Search Side

If you have Saved Searches available it saves some time.

Screenshot 2025-03-21 at 11.41.35 PM.webp
 
My circle of friends mainly use this site to find long guns and handguns Local to us, Having to add another state filter would be a hassle,

This might sound lazy but knowing that everything posted here is legal without issue carries value somehow somewhere. But i am just a dude.

If i look for accessories, i check here first before going to tacswap etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom