18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What is going on with S&W QC these days?

SteamedHams

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Messages
253
Earlier this year, I picked up a 686 and noticed that the front sighted was crooked. I discovered that the barrel was slightly canted, and to their credit they fixed it under warranty (as they should).

This week I picked up a 629, and noticed that the front sight was also crooked. This time, it looks like the blade itself is leaned over, and that the base of the front sight isn't flush with the flat landing on the barrel. Looks like it'll be going in for an RMA too...

IMG_1675.jpg
 
They are seriously slipping. I bought a brand new Model 41 from the custom shop a few years ago and the internal slide rails were so badly machined that it seized up on the second or third shooting session and I had to pay a gunsmith to fix it. It's going to be long time before I buy from them again.
 
I had a 627 Performance Center with a canted barrel. Not acceptable at all for a Performance Center. S&W made it right and paid shipping both ways, so I couldn’t complain about it too much.

I still have a 686 no dash/M that is just perfect. They don’t make them like they used to.
 
Back
Top Bottom