By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.
Ug imports is amazingHaving done it several times already its easy and painless. They get firearm, if pistol or rifle they keep mags over 10 rounds, if anything else make sure its either compliant or receiver only. They ship it in themselves to your FFL, or use their FFL to send it. Then its like any other transaction.
UGI in Fremont is my go too, and they outline the simple process.
How To Use UG Imports For Transfers « UG Imports, LLC
www.ugimports.com
can you do this with a newly purchased gun or does it have to have been owned for a certain period of time?Ug imports is amazing
Out of state person must purchase and take possession/delivery. Then, they can ship to CA. No other waiting period required on that end.can you do this with a newly purchased gun or does it have to have been owned for a certain period of time?
I have done this to many times to mention in the last 4/5 years. My father lives in Oregon and was an FFL dealer with a large personnel collection that I have the fortune owning several, some of which I will be departing with in the coming weeks right here on CAGUNS. If you want to bypass the FFL on the receiving side (bring the guns in yourself, driving distance?) and save $$, that is doable also. Obtain a "Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Firearm Transfer" form online (https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/media/bof-4544a.pdf.) two weapons per form, do as many as you can per submittal since it is $19 for one firearm or as many as you decide to gather. Mae sure everything is complete and accurate. send in the paperwork with your check and wait, Took a long time (Covid) but is getting better now about 4 - 6 week. As others have said Magazines have to be 10 round or blocked (last trip brought back a SA 1911DS and had all mags blocked by a gunsmith with documentation). Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.Goodafternoon guys,
I was wondering what are the requirements for an intrafamilial out of state ffl transfer to california?
Would you mind sharing your experience?
And how difficult was it?
Thank you and have a good one.
I have done this to many times to mention in the last 4/5 years. My father lives in Oregon and was an FFL dealer with a large personnel collection that I have the fortune owning several, some of which I will be departing with in the coming weeks right here on CAGUNS. If you want to bypass the FFL on the receiving side (bring the guns in yourself, driving distance?) and save $$, that is doable also. Obtain a "Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Firearm Transfer" form online (https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/media/bof-4544a.pdf.) two weapons per form, do as many as you can per submittal since it is $19 for one firearm or as many as you decide to gather. Mae sure everything is complete and accurate. send in the paperwork with your check and wait, Took a long time (Covid) but is getting better now about 4 - 6 week. As others have said Magazines have to be 10 round or blocked (last trip brought back a SA 1911DS and had all mags blocked by a gunsmith with documentation). Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.