18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

WW2 bring back with paper

sandsnow

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
23
My dad brought back some guns and equipment from occupied Japan. Here is one, a Nambu T14. At the time he was attached to 6th Army Hq G-4 section. He had an advantage as he was in charge of a large warehouse of Japanese material.
 

Attachments

  • 11 Jan 46a.jpg
    11 Jan 46a.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P9040114a.JPG
    P9040114a.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 20
Here is a T38 carbine. He intended to convert to a sporter with a new stock and scope it, so the bolt handle has been turned down. Matching number on the dust cover and metal clip under the lower band is missing.
 

Attachments

  • 19 Nov 45 APO 442.jpg
    19 Nov 45 APO 442.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 19
  • bayonets and muzz cap.JPG
    bayonets and muzz cap.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 18
  • P9040075.JPG
    P9040075.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 20
Welcome aboard the working CA gun site. Nice weapons. If you ever go through with or did the T38 sports conversion, and need a new home for the carbine furniture, I can help you out. PAX
 
Welcome aboard the working CA gun site. Nice weapons. If you ever go through with or did the T38 sports conversion, and need a new home for the carbine furniture, I can help you out. PAX
Thanks. My dad said it was rechambered to .257 Roberts and when I was much younger I shot a bunch through it. It was then put up and never shot again. Just last year I learned it is not a true .257 chambering. Without getting long winded I found out recently that if it was rechambered correectly it is a .257 Roberts case necked up to 6.5...Neither unmodified .257 Roberts ammunition nor the original 6.5×50mm Arisaka ammunition are suitable for firing in rechambered Arisaka rifles......I doubt I will ever pursue that hybrid loading, so it is a wall hanger for now.
 
Back
Top Bottom