18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Yolo / West sac CCW timeline

bigRich22

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Founder 2026 2
Messages
67
NOTE: despite Yolo Sheriff and W. sac PD sites claiming an unlimited # of handguns is allowed, West sac only allows 3 to prevent being in violation in pretty much every other county if the 4th (or higher #) gun is on your persons.

Applied end of Jan. Approved in 1 months time. The listed 30 day rule to get the class done, pay fees, etc isn't strict. Jennifer at the PD said as long as there is reasonable progress, not to fret. West Sac does want to inspect guns during one final meet, though. They aren't worried about mods as long as they are DOJ compliant. They do not require inspection of mags.

Have a happy day.
 
Update: it is not in violation in other counties bc your issuing county dictates what you can or cannot do lawfully. Not sure why my PD claimed so but that's not cool.

I actually do not know if I should bark up that tree or not. I want a few more handguns on my license.
 
I kinda want more but 3 is plenty anyways tbh. No point in carrying so many guns and then you aren't even trained on them. Better to master 2-3 of them
 
Ya, I have that mentality too. A good logic to keep. And the holsters are pricey as well

I'm trained with multiple platforms but what I want is what I got now, full size and compact options but I would like multi of the p365 in different configs I like depending on what I wear and if I want to carry 2 on my body. This saves me the time because I don't have to knock out pins and remove the FCU each time.
 
Last edited:
I kinda want more but 3 is plenty anyways tbh. No point in carrying so many guns and then you aren't even trained on them. Better to master 2-3 of them
Not the point. Why does the government get to say what I can and cannot carry?
 
Not the point. Why does the government get to say what I can and cannot carry?
Ask your fellow liberal / democrat voters on this forum. They voted for you to have that restriction. Why ask me? lmao
 
Back
Top Bottom