18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

New Feature! đźš€ Auto Bump in Development! 🚀

This is for New Feature

Would you use auto bump?

  • Yes - woo!

    Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No - Manual bumping is fine

    Votes: 9 31.0%

  • Total voters
    29

ikeo1

2A Developer 👨🏻‍💻
Staff member
CAguns Vendor
CAguns Prime
2026 25+ 2 Mostest
Messages
5,604
Classified ads
5
We’re constantly working to bring you the features you want while streamlining the experience. One of the latest developments in the pipeline is our Auto-Bump feature, designed to help you make the most out of every post.

Who Gets Access?

Auto-Bump will be available exclusively for CAguns Supporters. Since this feature increases system load, we’re making it part of our supporter benefits as a way to maintain smooth performance for all users.

Timeline and Migration

Development is underway, but we don’t have a release date just yet. This feature will require us to upgrade to the latest version of our forum software, which means we’ll need to do a migration. The process may take a few hours to a full day, but we’re testing everything thoroughly on our staging environment first to ensure a smooth rollout.

Current Bugs and Next Steps

We’re aware of a few bugs with the Saved Search feature and will continue to fine-tune as we move forward with Auto-Bump and the migration. Once things stabilize, I’ll also be looking to bring on a few moderators to help manage the community as I focus on other projects, more on that as we progress!

Supporting the Community

Thank you all for your feedback and support! I know our rules can feel restrictive, but every improvement is aimed at delivering the best experience possible. For those actively selling, we hope Auto-Bump encourages you to upgrade when you’re most active, and feel free to cancel once your items are sold. Every supporter helps us maintain a sustainable platform, ensuring resources and access for free users too.

Stay tuned for updates, and thank you for being part of this community!
 
There's something wrong with the poll. The last line isn't being displayed. You know, the line that says,

⊗ NO BUMPING, EVER!
 
I was on another site that did auto bumping but they bumped everyone at the same time so it changed nothing. If it bumps automatically based on when you first post then im cool with it.
 
methinks bumping forum threads should be solely based on thread activity. but classifieds...that would be neat
 
I was on another site that did auto bumping but they bumped everyone at the same time so it changed nothing. If it bumps automatically based on when you first post then im cool with it.
This should be based on the time it was created roughly. They'll be staggered so that people can create them and have them renew roughly at certain times like top of the hour. It's not real time, there's a service that will run to check the timestamp so its always a rolling 24 hours..
methinks bumping forum threads should be solely based on thread activity. but classifieds...that would be neat
This is for the classifieds.
 
Sounds great that things get looked at, improved.

Just be careful when you migrate and go down that it isn't longer than 2 weeks :cool::unsure:
 
Just be careful when you migrate and go down that it isn't longer than 2 weeks :cool::unsure:
I'm glad the bar is set very low... lol
 
On one hand, I like that it keeps my (potential) ad near the top. More eyes, etcetera and so forth. I'm guilty of forgetting, sometimes for a few days, of letting my ad fall into the wastelands.

On the other, if a seller is not invested enough to occasionally bump his own ad, that, to me anyways, speaks to his overall attentiveness and perhaps what to expect when/if there's a sale.

Something to be said for the marketplace looking a little different, as opposed to the same 20-30 ads at the top every time I visit.


Pluses and minuses, I guess. Not sure how I'd vote on this one...
 
On one hand, I like that it keeps my (potential) ad near the top. More eyes, etcetera and so forth. I'm guilty of forgetting, sometimes for a few days, of letting my ad fall into the wastelands.

On the other, if a seller is not invested enough to occasionally bump his own ad, that, to me anyways, speaks to his overall attentiveness and perhaps what to expect when/if there's a sale.

Something to be said for the marketplace looking a little different, as opposed to the same 20-30 ads at the top every time I visit.


Pluses and minuses, I guess. Not sure how I'd vote on this one...
It's not going to be the same every time you visit. Theres still a 24 hour rotation and the way I have it designed, its based on your creation time. It's a convenience for subscribers and not something we'd have for everyone so it doesn't get too cluttered with the same ones. We may have to adjust the rules as well to account for it, perhaps 2 days, so its rolling between the two for automated bumps and staggered. There's still the expiration time. We have a good amount of subscribers, but not everyone is selling. We'll cross that road when we get there. I don't want to cross it off based on what if's. It's a nice feature for subscribers.
 
Thank goodness we have the Ignore username feature, because I use it liberally to cull regularly bumped listings that I’m not interested in from cluttering my feed. 🙏

That’s one of the most useful filtering tools from the buyer-side in my opinion.
 
Thank goodness we have the Ignore username feature, because I use it liberally to cull regularly bumped listings that I’m not interested in from cluttering my feed. 🙏

That’s one of the most useful filtering tools from the buyer-side in my opinion.

I’ll be sure to include that in my instructions when it releases. We like to give folks options, so there’s balance.
 
I think it's worth a try as long as it just comes along for the ride - I wouldn't say to upgrade to the latest forum software just for that feature
 
Back
Top Bottom