The HDs seem to have a lot of proprietary parts. Are there any plans to offer options like a drilled and tapped mag release so that an extended mag release button can be added? Or a variety of recoil spring weights to match varying power factors in ammo used? Or a thumb safety that sits a bit lower so people gripping high under the beaver tail can still ride the top of the thumb safety without feeling pain at the base of their thumb? Or different triggers (e.g., flat, curved, short, medium, long, etc.) to match different hand sizes and shooting preferences?
And just so everyone knows, the gun is GREAT. I picked mine up a week ago. The feel is excellent, the quality is superior, the accuracy is outstanding, and the reliability is unmatched. I would just like some options to customize the gun to my own liking like I do with all my guns. And without a doubt, as soon as I get the email about the HD P4.5 CA, I’ll be getting that too. I will be carrying the P4, and if I can make just a few adjustments on the P4.5 I’ll be using that for USPSA Limited Optics. Thank you, Staccato. And welcome to California!