True but there are plenty out there for sale you just need to stay away from the gougers.The SP-01 does not appear on the CA handgun roster anymore.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
True but there are plenty out there for sale you just need to stay away from the gougers.The SP-01 does not appear on the CA handgun roster anymore.
I had one and sold it.I've never actually seen someone shooting one of those at a match. When I talk to people and find out they have one, they usually want to sell it, but I've only run into people with .45 caliber models.
Do they know something I don't, are 9mm 1911s actually bad?
I'd like to find out...by buying a Springfield loaded target 9mm for a great price ($900)
no but there are tons of them around and they still aren't being sold for a huge markupThe SP-01 does not appear on the CA handgun roster anymore.
The EMP is a little tack driverI also have the 9mm Springfield Target. Very accurate but more weight than the .45 version as the barrel has thicker walls. That does make for less muzzle flip and easier to handle for the ladies.
I also have the mini version, the EMP. That is built well, tight tolerances. Good choice for an all metal CCW pistol.
I love my EMP I call it my little double tap machine.The EMP is a little tack driver
Yeah but I don't want one in 45I think a 1911 should be a 45. If you want to shoot slightly less expensive 9mm, get a polymer gun.
1911 in 45 is nice I have a couple of them but there's nothing wrong with having a 1911 in other calibers just like polymer guns come in more than one caliber. I have a bad right thumb and I can shoot a 1911 in 9mm a lot more than 45. I also had an STI Sentry in 40 love the gun it shot really well but I could only do a few mags before my thumb would start to hurt. At least in 9mm I can still enjoy a good shooting 1911 and not have a lot of pain when I was done shooting.I think a 1911 should be a 45. If you want to shoot slightly less expensive 9mm, get a polymer gun.
The Kimber target II looks very similar to the Springfield, but I want to buy the Springfield.I’m selling my kimber 9mm if anyone interested. Shoots amazing
The Kimber has a firing pin block system in it which I personally do not like. It can be removed but you have to take off the rear sight to do it. I have a Kimber Raptor love the gun hate the FP block.The Kimber target II looks very similar to the Springfield, but I want to buy the Springfield.
I've compared the two in a shop and I can't tell you why but I prefer the Springfield![]()

Some folks as they get older find .45 ACP can hurt them but love the 1911 platform. The 9 mm version is a great way to solve that problem.I love my 45acp 1911s but it’s difficult for my friends and family to shoot but they love the comfort and handling of the 1911s
Are the 9mm 1911 worth getting? I’m thinking of kimbers
Im just cheap and like shooting for half price.Some folks as they get older find .45 ACP can hurt them but love the 1911 platform. The 9 mm version is a great way to solve that problem.
I own one and really enjoy it. It is a flat shooting easy to manage firearm. I am not sure how to describe the recoil but I am more accurate with it than I am with my P226's on fast fallow up shoots. It's a common competition gun.Curious if anyone also owns an xfive legion and can compare the recoil profiles since they’re roughly equivalent in weight (40+oz)
That I do understand. Every paycheck I go and buy a 500 round box of .22 LR for similar reasons.Im just cheap and like shooting for half price.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!