18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

1911 in 9mm???

I like mine - I have the Springfield Target model in 9mm, and while it is fun to shoot, the overall enjoyment factor isnt really a whole lot more than most other full-sized 9mm pistols.
 
I like mine - I have the Springfield Target model in 9mm, and while it is fun to shoot, the overall enjoyment factor isnt really a whole lot more than most other full-sized 9mm pistols.
I'm looking to buy one of these and this comment implies you only like it.

Are you interested in selling yours? 🤔
 

Attachments

  • 1000017028.webp
    1000017028.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 29
I really like my EMP 3 and am a little frustrated that I can't get a 9mm 1911/2011 that is:

10 + 1
optics ready
easy-ish to conceal
not a billion dollars.

The EMP ain't cheap and I say good. I have a Stan Chen flared magwell and XS sights. I don't know if I want to mess with the slide to mount an optic. I know optics don't add much to print, but I like having the little pistol little. I think having an EMP and something else working in tandem, weather permitting, might be the ticket. The new Wilson looks great, but gosh darn darn is it expensive.

Goldilocks, help!
How do you like the Stan Chen flare?
 
Me first.
I've never actually seen someone shooting one of those at a match. When I talk to people and find out they have one, they usually want to sell it, but I've only run into people with .45 caliber models.

Do they know something I don't, are 9mm 1911s actually bad?

I'd like to find out...by buying a Springfield loaded target 9mm for a great price ($900)
 
I've never actually seen someone shooting one of those at a match. When I talk to people and find out they have one, they usually want to sell it, but I've only run into people with .45 caliber models.

Do they know something I don't, are 9mm 1911s actually bad?

I'd like to find out...by buying a Springfield loaded target 9mm for a great price ($900)
Stock they aren't bad just not to exciting. Now do a nice trigger job and a few other things to make it run nice and smooth it can be a fun shooter. My first one tha I still have I did these things and sent it back to Springfield and had their custom shop do some aesthetics done to it and love it. After I got it up to around 10k through it I slowed down shooting it because I didn't want to wear it out and that's when I got into CZs. I still love shooting it and it will be one of the last guns I sell when the time comes.
SA91.webp
 
I've never actually seen someone shooting one of those at a match. When I talk to people and find out they have one, they usually want to sell it, but I've only run into people with .45 caliber models.

Do they know something I don't, are 9mm 1911s actually bad?

I'd like to find out...by buying a Springfield loaded target 9mm for a great price ($900)
Ha, I have a 4.25 Emissary in 9mm. Love it.
 
I've never actually seen someone shooting one of those at a match. When I talk to people and find out they have one, they usually want to sell it, but I've only run into people with .45 caliber models.

Do they know something I don't, are 9mm 1911s actually bad?

I'd like to find out...by buying a Springfield loaded target 9mm for a great price ($900)
they definitely aren't bad it's just that people even in CA don't want to be limited to 10 rounds. They also don't really have a proper USPSA division. You can run them in single stack or limited 10 but both of those have major scoring and the way it works out means that simply shooting major will automatically significantly increase your score, the amount of extra recoil really isn't balanced with the significant scoring advantage. But you honestly won't even be competing against anyone because no one shoots limited 10, so you will automatically win. Kinda. The 1911 platform in general is very good for range and performance guns, they aren't as reliable and require more maintenance than a striker fired gun so I wouldn't want to carry one, but you can make a very nice gun out of that springfield with some trigger work. the new hot double stacks share like 90% of the same parts or have basically analogues (double stack trigger bow vs single stack) and there are a lot of parts available. Definitely can get it milled for an optic too, you should be able to direct mill a DPP footprint and use a Defender XL. RMR footprint would require a plate but can still be done.
 
How do you like the Stan Chen flare?
I'm glad I have it. It makes life easier, which can only help under stress. Plus it comes with M&Ms!

I like the XS Sights, too. They really help my middle-aged ass, especially if I am looking towards the sun. That was a good lesson from the range. I went from picking off the little gong from 25 yards to total dork because of the weird visual combo of sun and snow. A dreary day. The original tritium sights became indistinct blobs. Now the days aren't so dreary, even when the weather tries to make it so.
 
they definitely aren't bad it's just that people even in CA don't want to be limited to 10 rounds. They also don't really have a proper USPSA division. You can run them in single stack or limited 10 but both of those have major scoring and the way it works out means that simply shooting major will automatically significantly increase your score, the amount of extra recoil really isn't balanced with the significant scoring advantage. But you honestly won't even be competing against anyone because no one shoots limited 10, so you will automatically win. Kinda. The 1911 platform in general is very good for range and performance guns, they aren't as reliable and require more maintenance than a striker fired gun so I wouldn't want to carry one, but you can make a very nice gun out of that springfield with some trigger work. the new hot double stacks share like 90% of the same parts or have basically analogues (double stack trigger bow vs single stack) and there are a lot of parts available. Definitely can get it milled for an optic too, you should be able to direct mill a DPP footprint and use a Defender XL. RMR footprint would require a plate but can still be done.
I rented the Springfield target model I want to buy.

Shoots pretty good but I'm not like "I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW"

I keep browsing the marketplace looking for someone selling a used one, but haven't found one locally yet.
 

Attachments

  • 1000017197.webp
    1000017197.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 1000017199.webp
    1000017199.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1000017194.webp
    1000017194.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 19
I rented the Springfield target model I want to buy.

Shoots pretty good but I'm not like "I HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW"

I keep browsing the marketplace looking for someone selling a used one, but haven't found one locally yet.
There were several of them in norcal for like 800 but I haven't seen any recently. What are you looking for in a pistol, have you ever tried a CZ SP01?
 
There were several of them in norcal for like 800 but I haven't seen any recently. What are you looking for in a pistol, have you ever tried a CZ SP01?
I'm looking for the Springfield loaded target model in 9 mm specifically.

Two reasons, nostalgia and wanting to have an iron sighted companion to my red dot topped 2011. I'd like to shoot single stack minor every once in a while.

10+ years ago when I was buying my first pistol I considered that 1911 model and a Glock 17 gen 4 sse. I went with the Glock and recently started shooting a 2011.
 
I'm looking for the Springfield loaded target model in 9 mm specifically.

Two reasons, nostalgia and wanting to have an iron sighted companion to my red dot topped 2011. I'd like to shoot single stack minor every once in a while.

10+ years ago when I was buying my first pistol I considered that 1911 model and a Glock 17 gen 4 sse. I went with the Glock and recently started shooting a 2011.
oh ok nice then yeah a 9mm 1911 will be great. I did see a 9mm operator on consignment in Sacramento at The Gun Range, I think it was 1100 though but it is slightly cooler than the loaded target.
 
oh ok nice then yeah a 9mm 1911 will be great. I did see a 9mm operator on consignment in Sacramento at The Gun Range, I think it was 1100 though but it is slightly cooler than the loaded target.
The operators are nice if you want a rail. I had one and did enjoy shooting it because with the extra weight the second shots were a little faster. Unfortunately I sold it because I needed the money.
 
The operators are nice if you want a rail. I had one and did enjoy shooting it because with the extra weight the second shots were a little faster. Unfortunately I sold it because I needed the money.
I definitely thought about buying it for a few seconds, I absolutely don't need it and have no money for that but I sure wanted it haha. They look nice, I definitely like black vs stainless.
 
Back
Top Bottom