18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

1911 in 9mm???

+1 for the Springfield 1911 if going for 9mm. I’ve much preferred them over Kimber, but everyone has their own experiences.
 
9mm 1911/2011s are now the only pistols I own except my main carry pistol (P365). Nothing compares to them for the range. I even have a Staccato CS for winter carry. Just something about the recoil, smooth, quick, back on target.
 
I prefer 1911's in .45 to glocks in 9 mm that saidI am looking at other double stack 8mm options like the Sig legion P320 and Sig GTO
 
Just because 9mm 1911 pics… I’ll hold off on the 2011s since the thread is geared to 1911s
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9734.webp
    IMG_9734.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9739.webp
    IMG_9739.webp
    119.4 KB · Views: 32
might as well buy a 22 45
I agree.
The Ruger 22 45's are awesome.

6.jpg
 
I have a customized Springfield loaded 9mm and really enjoy shooting it. I also have a Kimber Raptor and also enjoy shooting it but I dislike the series 80 stuff in it when it comes time to do a complete tear down and clean. If you don't put the FP block parts in correctly it won't fire ask me how I know. Someday I will take out those parts.
 
I love 1911 pistols that shoots 9mm .. but one of my biggest concerns is no optic cut models in CA roaster.
Is it possible to optic cut on 1911 slides but keeping the rear sights?? I called few stores and but no luck.. I believe there is an adapter to remove the rear sight but that's not my taste at all... I
 
lol. Well we all know about opinions…

I’ll continue to enjoy my 1911’s in .45acp and 9mm and my Garands in 30-06 and .308.
 
where did you get the optic cut from?
Trijicon sells a 1911/RMR plate that also has the rear site incorporated. I had my gunsmith cut for them when I had the builds done. You can also direct mount red dots with smaller footprints such as the RMRcc or Holosun 507k. Pic attached is my direct mounted RMRcc on my full rail 9mm. Absolute tac driver!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9732.webp
    IMG_9732.webp
    130.2 KB · Views: 32
I love my 45acp 1911s but it’s difficult for my friends and family to shoot but they love the comfort and handling of the 1911s
Are the 9mm 1911 worth getting? I’m thinking of kimbers
Unless it’s the 2k11 or combat, kimbers are not worth having. Not reliable. I have both on roster 1911 9mm from Springfield. Not reliable. You will be spending $1800+ to get a 9mm 1911 that is reliable enough for defensive use.

Dan Wesson, Wilson combat, nighthawk, Springfield trp, Colt, Les Baer are the brands I would stick with
 
Something to do later if you get into 1911s, just buy a used/cheap 1911 that’s all steel(forged not cast) and use its base to build off into whatever you want. Till the roster is gone this is what I do to turn any 1911 to whatever caliber I want and how I want it to look. Just find a great gunsmith if local or send it out too a shop so they can do the custom work. I currently have a Tisas Nightstalker 45 that I’m getting 100% DLC coated and replacing all components with Atlas Gunworks & a 9mm/10mm combo slides built for the frame. 1 gun 3 calibers with simple slide swap, gonna find a sweet spot for 1 mainspring weight to function in all 3 calibers if not I’ll just get 2 more individual mainsprings housings to swap when swapping calibers which is not hard takes less than a minute.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom