- Messages
- 19
+1 for the Springfield 1911 if going for 9mm. I’ve much preferred them over Kimber, but everyone has their own experiences.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I agree.might as well buy a 22 45
where did you get the optic cut from?Just because 9mm 1911 pics… I’ll hold off on the 2011s since the thread is geared to 1911s
I’m with you on the foot/feat thing lol but not this one; nothing wrong with using a great platform and tweaking it for personal preference/ease of use/affordabilityIMO 1911s in 9MM is like men in women’s restroom or skim milk, it just ain’t right.
Don’t hold backJust because 9mm 1911 pics… I’ll hold off on the 2011s since the thread is geared to 1911s
It’s like a .308 garand. Just not right.I’m with you on the foot/feat thing lol but not this one; nothing wrong with using a great platform and tweaking it for personal preference/ease of use/affordability
Trijicon sells a 1911/RMR plate that also has the rear site incorporated. I had my gunsmith cut for them when I had the builds done. You can also direct mount red dots with smaller footprints such as the RMRcc or Holosun 507k. Pic attached is my direct mounted RMRcc on my full rail 9mm. Absolute tac driver!where did you get the optic cut from?
Unless it’s the 2k11 or combat, kimbers are not worth having. Not reliable. I have both on roster 1911 9mm from Springfield. Not reliable. You will be spending $1800+ to get a 9mm 1911 that is reliable enough for defensive use.I love my 45acp 1911s but it’s difficult for my friends and family to shoot but they love the comfort and handling of the 1911s
Are the 9mm 1911 worth getting? I’m thinking of kimbers
Hush youIt’s like a .308 garand. Just not right.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!