18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

EDC 2011’s with Glock mag compatibility

chiroken007

The Envy of None
CAguns Prime
Range Member
Messages
770
I haven’t given 2011’s any serious consideration until now because I didn’t see the need to get a “higher capacity” 1911 if we can’t actually utilize the higher capacity…

I was peaked by the potential to use Glock mags which means I can have multiple firearm platforms using the same magazines. My other consideration would be a Dan Wesson for CZ; but that’s out of my league RN.

Do the Staccato HD’s and Fusion XP pro have Glock like grip profile and grip angles though? One of the most beautiful aspects of my 1911 is the fact that sights are flat and on point after every single shot. It would be a shame to lose that piece of perfection.

1778372691335.gif
 
I haven’t given 2011’s any serious consideration until now because I didn’t see the need to get a “higher capacity” 1911 if we can’t actually utilize the higher capacity…
You CAN use higher capacity magazines. Magazines obtained prior to 2000 or during Freedom Week in 2019 are perfectly legal to own and use.

Do the Staccato HD’s and Fusion XP pro have Glock like grip profile and grip angles though? One of the most beautiful aspects of my 1911 is the fact that sights are flat and on point after every single shot. It would be a shame to lose that piece of perfection.
The Staccato HD’s grip angle is 17.5 degrees, similar to other 2011s and most 1911s. Glocks typically have a 22.5 degree grip angle.
 
Last edited:
I haven’t given 2011’s any serious consideration until now because I didn’t see the need to get a “higher capacity” 1911 if we can’t actually utilize the higher capacity…

I was peaked by the potential to use Glock mags which means I can have multiple firearm platforms using the same magazines. My other consideration would be a Dan Wesson for CZ; but that’s out of my league RN.

Do the Staccato HD’s and Fusion XP pro have Glock like grip profile and grip angles though? One of the most beautiful aspects of my 1911 is the fact that sights are flat and on point after every single shot. It would be a shame to lose that piece of perfection.

View attachment 191151
Both the HD and XP have grip angles similar to 1911s. I believe grip thickness is where they differ.

The Xp has a girthier? grip module to provide a 1911 grip angle by having more metal in front of the grip.

The HD grip module is pretty thin and tapers down towards the magwell. Overall dimensions of the 3.6 are similar to a G19 imo.

IMG_4120.webp
 
You can also check out the emp has a carry model. 2011 have a big prices tag and only you can decide if its worth the money, i really enjoy my hd p4 and do carry it on duty sometimes as a guard. But I aslo enjoy my g34 and dr920p and m&p 1.0. If you said hey we are going to a gun fight. Id take my glock or m&p. Not having to run a safety would always make things easier to draw and shoot.
 
You can also check out the emp has a carry model. 2011 have a big prices tag and only you can decide if its worth the money, i really enjoy my hd p4 and do carry it on duty sometimes as a guard. But I aslo enjoy my g34 and dr920p and m&p 1.0. If you said hey we are going to a gun fight. Id take my glock or m&p. Not having to run a safety would always make things easier to draw and shoot.
I currently have an EMP but my faith in it is limited. First time on the range it had roughly 1 out of 10 FTF. It is a used firearm and first generation. I have since shipped it for repairs and my last range run was 1 out of 60 FTF. Still not a fan of that.

My current options for carry are shield plus, Canik mete mc9LS, or CZ P-01.

Wife has a tricked out p365 with radian comp and shadow MR920 elite.
 
Both the HD and XP have grip angles similar to 1911s. I believe grip thickness is where they differ.

The Xp has a girthier? grip module to provide a 1911 grip angle by having more metal in front of the grip.

The HD grip module is pretty thin and tapers down towards the magwell. Overall dimensions of the 3.6 are similar to a G19 imo.

View attachment 191217
Those are some really nice pistols 👍
 
I currently have an EMP but my faith in it is limited. First time on the range it had roughly 1 out of 10 FTF. It is a used firearm and first generation. I have since shipped it for repairs and my last range run was 1 out of 60 FTF. Still not a fan of that.

My current options for carry are shield plus, Canik mete mc9LS, or CZ P-01.

Wife has a tricked out p365 with radian comp and shadow MR920 elite.
Hard to beat a p365 thats my daily. Next time i might just move up to a g19 or m&p comp. Is my feelings over the years. 1911 style for ccw is life style for sure.
 
I currently have an EMP but my faith in it is limited. First time on the range it had roughly 1 out of 10 FTF. It is a used firearm and first generation. I have since shipped it for repairs and my last range run was 1 out of 60 FTF. Still not a fan of that.

My current options for carry are shield plus, Canik mete mc9LS, or CZ P-01.

Wife has a tricked out p365 with radian comp and shadow MR920 elite.
The 380 shield would be a slick addition. But the shield plus is solid too i just carried the og shield for years and when the p365 hit it have it in a maco xomp con fig
 

Attachments

  • 3799.webp
    3799.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 19
The XP pro really dropped the ball with the grip module. It straight up sucks and is proprietary so you can't use the 25 other 2011 grip modules that are available. Even if you can't change it, the platypus has a fantastic grip. You can get it stabby or soft.
 
If money were no object, I would immediate buy more staccatos. I have a bunch of nice 1911s, and the staccatos just build on that collection. Don't worry about grip angles and all that internet keyboard warrior bull💩. Just shoot man. Get to the range and train.
 
Back
Top Bottom