18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

2011 Mags or baseplate upgrades

Mil-Dot

Member+
2A
2025
Messages
254
Classified ads
1
Been shooting some outlaws matches every month indoors and dropping 1 mag on the concrete is taking its toll. Does anyone have any suggestions for cheaper 2011 mags that work or durable baseplates for atlas mags that can tolerate hitting concrete?

I miss having Hennings Plates on other guns that would take the punishment.
 
Hummm hitting concrete repeatedly is always tough on base pads. Maybe Grams or Arredondo plastic type base pads would be able to survive.
 
If it’s a level I you can put some tape on the bottom of it or a little silicone pad. Then dedicate that mag as your starting/ sacrificial mag
 
OP, are your baseplates plastic or aluminum?

I have some 1911 mags with thick rubber baseplates which would probably work perfect for your application.

Matt

Edit: I attached some pic of them
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20251004_093241998.jpg
    IMG_20251004_093241998.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20251004_093253072.jpg
    IMG_20251004_093253072.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 8
OP, are your baseplates plastic or aluminum?

I have some 1911 mags with thick rubber baseplates which would probably work perfect for your application.

Matt
Aluminum one that come with the Atlas Mags basically same as TTI plate
 
Aluminum one that come with the Atlas Mags basically same as TTI plate

Got it. If they make rubber ones for that mag I'd try it out.

Edit: maybe spraying a bed liner coating on the bottom would help too. That would at least keep the aluminum from getting damaged.

Good luck

Matt
 
Last edited:
Been shooting some outlaws matches every month indoors and dropping 1 mag on the concrete is taking its toll. Does anyone have any suggestions for cheaper 2011 mags that work or durable baseplates for atlas mags that can tolerate hitting concrete?

I miss having Hennings Plates on other guns that would take the punishment.

I just finished up setting up my 3d printer and am wrapping up my 3d modeling courses... hypothetically, if I made a cover that goes over the atlas base plates out of TPU or something strong, but flexible material, do you think that's something that you'd be interested in?


edit - wow I just realized I could just print base plates 😂 I am dumb. But I guess the 3d printed base plates wouldn't be as heavy as the atlas base plates
 
Last edited:
I just finished up setting up my 3d printer and am wrapping up my 3d modeling courses... hypothetically, if I made a cover that goes over the atlas base plates out of TPU or some strong, but flexible material, do you think that's something that you'd be interested in?


edit - wow I just realized I could just print base plates 😂 I am dumb. But I guess the 3d printed base plates wouldn't be as heavy as the atlas base plates
3d printed plates maybe too light and may break hitting concrete need some type of silicon cover for them or just a better metal like what hennings pads are made of
 
I just finished up setting up my 3d printer and am wrapping up my 3d modeling courses... hypothetically, if I made a cover that goes over the atlas base plates out of TPU or some strong, but flexible material, do you think that's something that you'd be interested in?


edit - wow I just realized I could just print base plates 😂 I am dumb. But I guess the 3d printed base plates wouldn't be as heavy as the atlas base plates
I agree with the previous reply, however, your idea of making a plastic or silicon cover for an existing base plate isn’t bad, so long as it fits with mag wells. I’m picturing something like an Otterbox or rubber bounce/impact case that goes around the existing 2011 base plates.

Maybe a dumb idea but I would try it on a few mags if the price wasn’t too ridiculous
 
I nice sturdy polymer would be good i think a Silicone or rubber cover would be ideal something with a little cushion so the shock doesnt spit out 4 or 5 rounds every now and then
 
Springfield Prodigy mags are cheap and take a beating. I get them for $38/ea.
 
OP, are your baseplates plastic or aluminum?

I have some 1911 mags with thick rubber baseplates which would probably work perfect for your application.

Matt

Edit: I attached some pic of them
Do they make these for 2011 mags?
 
Springfield Prodigy mags are cheap and take a beating. I get them for $38/ea.
I agree and would ne ideal but they dont fit in my magwell on my limcat. I just bought a MPA DS9 if they fit that magwell house will be my go to
 
So I finished setting up the 3d printer and found some 3d files for atlas base plates online and printed some to test with PLA. It definitely cracked within 10 drops from shoulder height 😂

Waiting for my order of PETG filament to come in and test it with that, since PETG is supposed to be more flexible and durable
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1859.jpeg
    IMG_1859.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 6
So I finished setting up the 3d printer and found some 3d files for atlas base plates online and printed some to test with PLA. It definitely cracked within 10 drops from shoulder height 😂

Waiting for my order of PETG filament to come in and test it with that, since PETG is supposed to be more flexible and durable
Are you printing a full replacement for the pad or just a base plate shell? Can you try a base plate shell? Something that goes on the existing base plate
 
Are you printing a full replacement for the pad or just a base plate shell? Can you try a base plate shell? Something that goes on the existing base plate
This was just a full replacement pad - there were already designs online and I just wanted to test print something fast, so I just did that.

I'll try and design a base plate shell next time I have time though! Seems like a fun design project for myself anyways
 
Back
Top Bottom