18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

2026 CCW timeline for El Dorado County 'AMERICA'

Krusty

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
6
I thought I'd put this information out there for those interested in obtaining their CCW in El Dorado County and for comparison.

1/1/2026 Initial CCW application submitted. $148.02

1/7/2026 In person interview / Live Scan

1/24-25/2026 16 hour Initial CCW Course $275.00

1/30/2026 Interviewer called my references

1/30/2026 Notified of my permit being approved and issued

1/30/2026 Paid for card, and issued/received $75.00

30 days total time

$498.02 total cost

No psych evaluation
 
I thought I'd put this information out there for those interested in obtaining their CCW in El Dorado County and for comparison.

1/1/2026 Initial CCW application submitted. $148.02

1/7/2026 In person interview / Live Scan

1/24-25/2026 16 hour Initial CCW Course $275.00

1/30/2026 Interviewer called my references

1/30/2026 Notified of my permit being approved and issued

1/30/2026 Paid for card, and issued/received $75.00

30 days total time

$498.02 total cost

No psych evaluation
quick and efficient. nice (we're looking at a house there this week, moving from Sac county)
 
I think so. recently we left Tule fog in Sac at 3PM to look at a house in EDH and found sunshine there! Seems like you get a breeze on summer nights too..
 
I think so. recently we left Tule fog in Sac at 3PM to look at a house in EDH and found sunshine there! Seems like you get a breeze on summer nights too..
Its nice to get above the fog. We are in Logtown, looking over the valley. The nightly sunsets are amazing! Good luck with your house hunting!
 
Back
Top Bottom