- Messages
- 362
- Classified ads
- 1
Ben Stoeger just posted a VP9 video today.
Definitely gonna have to revisit the platform
Definitely gonna have to revisit the platform
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Yeah I saw him post a video turbo shooting the VP9A1 a few days ago someone sent me. Very nice gunBen Stoeger just posted a VP9 video today.
Definitely gonna have to revisit the platform![]()
Because I can do whatever I like and you, nor anyone else are my boss.
Since you're so well informed how many US Law Enforcement Agencies are issues H&K Pistols? How about the US Military as a whole? Dig a little bit, you'll also find its a very small percentage overall.

Yeah I saw him post a video turbo shooting the VP9A1 a few days ago someone sent me. Very nice gun
You could have spent the time it took to make a single post and performed your own google search. If you're too lazy for that you could also use AI and have it do the work for you, but you have to be good at prompting.These responses, you're really owning us. Im trying to put my finger on where I've heard them tho.....oh yeah!
You could have spent the time it took to make a single post and performed your own google search. If you're too lazy for that you could also use AI and have it do the work for you, but you have to be good at prompting.
I'm not obligated to do this for you. I did some research myself via google search, then I asked a few friends that are LEO & Military and reported in this post. If you don't believe it, please feel free to do a simple search and formulate your own opinion based on what you find. I know you will not find that H&K Pistols of any kind are widely adopted by US Law enforcement agencies or the US Military as a whole. I know this because I could not find this to be true when using the wonderful interwebs, which we are on right now.
I did that purposefully, so that you just might understand how easy it is. Forgive me for overestimating your capabilities, it won't happen againWell if you did the research yourself, it must be true, right? I mean, you seem very proficient with your Google search skills and your expansive research in checking with your circle. Thank you for pointing out the value of AI, while at the same time making reference to the "interwebs", which is circa Y2K.
You're just missing references to news coming out of your myspace account. Well done sir. I'm convinced.
Normally I agree with your posts, but here you’re off the mark, and surprisingly I’m with @Gawernator.You could have spent the time it took to make a single post and performed your own google search. If you're too lazy for that you could also use AI and have it do the work for you, but you have to be good at prompting.
I'm not obligated to do this for you. I did some research myself via google search, then I asked a few friends that are LEO & Military and reported in this post. If you don't believe it, please feel free to do a simple search and formulate your own opinion based on what you find. I know you will not find that H&K Pistols of any kind are widely adopted by US Law enforcement agencies or the US Military as a whole. I know this because I could not find this to be true when using the wonderful interwebs, which we are on right now.
John USPSA letting me downYou could have spent the time it took to make a single post and performed your own google search. If you're too lazy for that you could also use AI and have it do the work for you, but you have to be good at prompting.
I'm not obligated to do this for you. I did some research myself via google search, then I asked a few friends that are LEO & Military and reported in this post. If you don't believe it, please feel free to do a simple search and formulate your own opinion based on what you find. I know you will not find that H&K Pistols of any kind are widely adopted by US Law enforcement agencies or the US Military as a whole. I know this because I could not find this to be true when using the wonderful interwebs, which we are on right now.
The OP wanted to be talked out of buying a particular H&K. There are very few logical arguments to make to talk anyone out of buying any firearm that is from a proven manufacturer like H&K unless it were significantly out of the price range of its competition. Even then, many folks can justify it however they like. H&K handguns are priced quite well these days, comparatively. These were hail Mary's for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, which I have already mentioned above, maybe you missed it. I own and love my H&K's, but they don't really fill an area that many other similar firearms do it better, often for much less $.Normally I agree with your posts, but here you’re off the mark, and surprisingly I’m with @Gawernator.
So I used to shoot the VP9 Match in USPSA Carry Optics for good while, every weekend close to a year. While I only ever met two other shooters who used this platform in California, the gun work fine in competition, just not in a podium finishing sense like the Shadow. I’m not too sure what your original argument was… but to take your local Level 1 competition sample size to determine CCW use or brand reliability doesn’t make any sense to me. HK’s are a good choice for CCW.
Using American police or military adoption statistics of the VP9 or the HK brand as a whole doesn’t make sense to me either, to me it seems to be a fairly weak supporting argument. Unlike Glock, HK does not heavily discount any of their products for LEO purchase. Most PDs simply cannot afford HK. The few that can and do include Bellevue PD (Christian Sailer’s local PD force, and one of the reasons why Taylor Freelance offers many VP9 aftermarket upgrades to their fellow Washingtonians).
I full disclosure - carry a P2000SK and VP9SK and own a ton of HK (including the MR platform)…I like many here am biased.
Edit: RE - US Military. I don’t think much needs to be said. HK neither does the heavy undercutting and cost cutting that Sig does, nor is largely in bed with the US Military in the same way Sig is. The HK Germans are the dichotomy of the Siggers.
My first was the H&K USP Expert in .45, no complaintsTo the HK owners…If I wanted to add an HK pistol to my collection..What’s a good first HK to buy for range use … 9mm and 45 works
If you want a DA/SA both the P2000 and P30 are awesome guns, but despite being on roster the P2000 is no longer made so idk if you can find one. I noticed hoarding P2000SK stuff and mags paid off for me as prices are going up now.To the HK owners…If I wanted to add an HK pistol to my collection..What’s a good first HK to buy for range use … 9mm and 45 works
Lol the military uses what they can afford. The M9 I shot in bootcamp must have been from the 80's or 90's, it had so much wear it was shiny silver almost lmao. Until I bought my own M9 recently I didn't even know what one looked like IRL with all the finish on it!The OP wanted to be talked out of buying a particular H&K. There are very few logical arguments to make to talk anyone out of buying any firearm that is from a proven manufacturer like H&K unless it were significantly out of the price range of its competition. Even then, many folks can justify it however they like. H&K handguns are priced quite well these days, comparatively. These were hail Mary's for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, which I have already mentioned above, maybe you missed it. I own and love my H&K's, but they don't really fill an area that many other similar firearms do it better, often for much less $.
The OP did not ask for us to agree with him, he asked us to talk him out of buying this particular firearm. Lack of adoption of H&K pistols by Competitive Shooters, US LEO's & the US Military are worth considering since many of these folks are using what they feel is the best tool for the job.
Too late here, but I think River City usually has them. They’ve had a few promotions on them lately too. No excise tax, then it was $100 off, now it’s 2 free mags. I think they are priced around $950 there normallyNobody else seems to have them in stock around Sacramento, The Gun Store said they had one but it was the old model, and Sacramento Black Rifle didn't even know what it was and didn't call me back lol.
I found out the Gun Range DOES have them in stock, but the sales guy got confused and I was confused too because I thought it was the SKToo late here, but I think River City usually has them. They’ve had a few promotions on them lately too. No excise tax, then it was $100 off, now it’s 2 free mags. I think they are priced around $950 there normally
All of them? Haha!!To the HK owners…If I wanted to add an HK pistol to my collection..What’s a good first HK to buy for range use … 9mm and 45 works

Wow, awesome, how much? It's probably my favorite carry gun, just flawless.Blessings fellow HK enthusiasts:
Found a P2000sk on consignment in solid condition and purchased it. 10 days in jail now.
If anybody is looking to sell their USP in 45 caliber let me know.
I appreciate the feedback from the users who responded to my question it helped with the purchase.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!