18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

$250 HK Rebate through August

You keep saying this. Can you provide your sources for otherwise?

How are you confirming this as fact? And then, I think you're attributing it the handgun being nothing special, and for these kind of institution claims that would mean some sort of bakeoff data. Please share that too.
You too can use Google (y)
 
translation = I will not be confused with facts.

Opinions are cool too, but they don't translate the same way.
I did search around a good bit before replying to this post, so nice try (y). The answer is very few, and/or not significant enough to mention. Again, feel free to do your own search and form your own opinions based on that. My job is not to do your homework for you, that is your job.
 
Who cares rifle or pistol they’re both sick af

Why you such a playa hater
Going back to the OP, you asked us to talk you out of it. I'm simply playing devil's advocate here.

I already mentioned that I own H&K pews. I'll mention now that I like them and advocate for them for anyone who likes them, BUT that's not what you wanted us to do 😁

You cannot ask us to talk you out of something, then ask us to not talk you out of something just because you want to buy that something.

Insert Joe Biden "C'mon Man" gif here
 
I did search around a good bit before replying to this post, so nice try (y). The answer is very few, and/or not significant enough to mention. Again, feel free to do your own search and form your own opinions based on that. My job is not to do your homework for you, that is your job.
The burden of proof lays with the person who asserts the claim, not with those asking for evidence to the claim's truth. If it's not your job to do anyone's homework then why even assert anything?
 
The burden of proof lays with the person who asserts the claim, not with those asking for evidence to the claim's truth. If it's not your job to do anyone's homework then why even assert anything?
Because I can do whatever I like and you, nor anyone else are my boss 😁.

Since you're so well informed how many US Law Enforcement Agencies are issues H&K Pistols? How about the US Military as a whole? Dig a little bit, you'll also find its a very small percentage overall.
 
Going back to the OP, you asked us to talk you out of it. I'm simply playing devil's advocate here.

I already mentioned that I own H&K pews. I'll mention now that I like them and advocate for them for anyone who likes them, BUT that's not what you wanted us to do 😁

You cannot ask us to talk you out of something, then ask us to not talk you out of something just because you want to buy that something.

Insert Joe Biden "C'mon Man" gif here
You're supposed to read between the lines and tell me to buy it
 
Because I can do whatever I like and you, nor anyone else are my boss 😁.

Since you're so well informed how many US Law Enforcement Agencies are issues H&K Pistols? How about the US Military as a whole? Dig a little bit, you'll also find its a very small percentage overall.
Tell that to the people that act like P320's just randomly shoot for no reason despite the military and cops having like 500k of them
 
@Gawernator OP if you want a no nonsense pros and cons from a current user of HK pistols (I currently own an P2000SK, VP9SK, and VP9A1F) here it is. To be clear, I like HK but I don't consider myself an HK fanboy.

Pros:

1. Great build quality / fit and finish
2. Excellent reliability
3. HK double stack mags are interchangeable with 20 years worth of HK pistols
4. My VP9s are more accurate than my other handguns (Glocks and S&Ws) but that may be an ergonomics thing
5. Interchangeable backstraps and side panels
6. I personally prefer the trigger over the other options but it is no Walther DPT. It's primarily a nice feeling duty trigger

Cons:

1. OEM optics plates are expensive and none of them are included for free. But they are built nicely.
2. HK doesn't ship gun parts to California. Other places do ship here but HK parts are less available than other mainstream polymer guns
3. 10 round mags are only available in batches at big stores like Turners
4. Holster support is some what limited (at least relative to glocks and other mainstream polymer duty guns)
5. The 20 round HK mag is too long to use in Carry Optics (not relevant to the VP9K tho)
6. The VP9K has a slightly bigger footprint than the G19 but it is generally G19 size.
7. There is no question that Glocks shoot softer than VP9s. These guns are more like Walthers where you have a snap then a quick return.

I think if you want a nice feeling gun that you can trust your life with and you intend to keep stock then the VP9K is a good option.
 
Because I can do whatever I like and you, nor anyone else are my boss 😁.

Since you're so well informed how many US Law Enforcement Agencies are issues H&K Pistols? How about the US Military as a whole? Dig a little bit, you'll also find its a very small percentage overall.
I never said I was well informed. I'm asking why you're making claims and then telling people to do research when they ask you to back up your claims with evidence.

Furthermore, why does military or PD procurement matter to a civilian looking to buy a firearm? Should we all buy P320s since the military issues them?
 
@Gawernator OP if you want a no nonsense pros and cons from a current user of HK pistols (I currently own an P2000SK, VP9SK, and VP9A1F) here it is. To be clear, I like HK but I don't consider myself an HK fanboy.

Pros:

1. Great build quality / fit and finish
2. Excellent reliability
3. HK double stack mags are interchangeable with 20 years worth of HK pistols
4. My VP9s are more accurate than my other handguns (Glocks and S&Ws) but that may be an ergonomics thing
5. Interchangeable backstraps and side panels
6. I personally prefer the trigger over the other options but it is no Walther DPT. It's primarily a nice feeling duty trigger

Cons:

1. OEM optics plates are expensive and none of them are included for free. But they are built nicely.
2. HK doesn't ship gun parts to California. Other places do ship here but HK parts are less available than other mainstream polymer guns
3. 10 round mags are only available in batches at big stores like Turners
4. Holster support is some what limited (at least relative to glocks and other mainstream polymer duty guns)
5. The 20 round HK mag is too long to use in Carry Optics (not relevant to the VP9K tho)
6. The VP9K has a slightly bigger footprint than the G19 but it is generally G19 size.
7. There is no question that Glocks shoot softer than VP9s. These guns are more like Walthers where you have a snap then a quick return.

I think if you want a nice feeling gun that you can trust your life with and you intend to keep stock then the VP9K is a good option.
Wish we could get that DPT in stock. I'm carrying my PDP Compact with the PDT right now. Did you try the VP9A1 K? or just the older VP9K? Also is it true VP9K holsters fit Vp9A1 K as well? I see mixed info on that.
 
I never said I was well informed. I'm asking why you're making claims and then telling people to do research when they ask you to back up your claims with evidence.

Furthermore, why does military or PD procurement matter to a civilian looking to buy a firearm? Should we all buy P320s since the military issues them?
Everyone needs to use the Beretta M9. haha
 
Wish we could get that DPT in stock. I'm carrying my PDP Compact with the PDT right now. Did you try the VP9A1 K? or just the older VP9K? Also is it true VP9K holsters fit Vp9A1 K as well? I see mixed info on that.
My b I should have been clearer. So When I said VP9K i meant the VP9A1K. The VP9SK is a different gun that is essentially the VP9's version of the Glock 26.

I've shot the VP9A1K before and I liked it. But I didn't buy it because the VP9SK was discontinued so I bought that instead and I already had the A1F.

In terms of holster support I doubt the A1K fits the SK holsters.
1786394784906.webp
 
My b I should have been clearer. So When I said VP9K i meant the VP9A1K. The VP9SK is a different gun that is essentially the VP9's version of the Glock 26.

I've shot the VP9A1K before and I liked it. But I didn't buy it because the VP9SK was discontinued so I bought that instead and I already had the A1F.

In terms of holster support I doubt the A1K fits the SK holsters.
View attachment 234864
Ok yeah not interested in the VP9SK, I have a P2000SK already. I meant VP9A1K in the regular VP9
 
Wish we could get that DPT in stock. I'm carrying my PDP Compact with the PDT right now. Did you try the VP9A1 K? or just the older VP9K? Also is it true VP9K holsters fit Vp9A1 K as well? I see mixed info on that.

I have the VP9A1K and some people online say there is some cross compatibility. The holster manufactures do not guarantee fit. I tried a couple based on comments and it did not work.

I went with the Black Arch Protos-M and very happy. I did reach out to Tenicor which are my favorite holsters and they did mention they would be considering a holster for the VP9A1K which is great news. The only downside to the Tenicor is they come with the DCC HLR clip and it shreds belts/pants. I like the DCC 1 Series Clips much better, it doesn't have that notch on the inside of the clip that causes excessive wear.
 
Back
Top Bottom