18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Review 29 Outdoor Gear

Website
https://www.29outdoorgear.com/
Location
3431 Broadway a5, American Canyon, CA 94503, USA
Region
  1. NorCal
Sub-Region
Bay Area
Services offered
    • 🤝 PPT
    • 📝 FSC Test
    • 🔧 Gun Smithing
    • 📦 Ammo Transfer
    • 🚚 FFL Transfer
    • 🛡️ Firearms Training
Submit reviews using the Reviews tab and discuss it here!
I’ve been using this shop for almost 10 years. I just found out this morning that Paul the gunsmith is no longer employed there. I spoke to the new gunsmith briefly on the phone. He seems nice enough, but he did not inspire the same confidence as his predecessor. I’m curious to see how the new guy does. Paul was a fantastic resource and did some really cool custom work. I hope he is well.
I had them do a couple easy repairs for me a few months ago. Finished both jobs very quickly, no complaints here.
 
I’ve been using this shop for almost 10 years. I just found out this morning that Paul the gunsmith is no longer employed there. I spoke to the new gunsmith briefly on the phone. He seems nice enough, but he did not inspire the same confidence as his predecessor. I’m curious to see how the new guy does. Paul was a fantastic resource and did some really cool custom work. I hope he is well.
They have my model 60 right now due to an issue with the cylinder bolt, new guy seems to be getting up to speed so to speak as in their SLA is 3-5 weeks. I do agree though Paul was great and as a fellow clamper he was a hoot every time I interacted with him.

I will try to remember to come back and share my experience once I get it back in hand a couple weeks from now though.
 
I’ve been using this shop for almost 10 years. I just found out this morning that Paul the gunsmith is no longer employed there. I spoke to the new gunsmith briefly on the phone. He seems nice enough, but he did not inspire the same confidence as his predecessor. I’m curious to see how the new guy does. Paul was a fantastic resource and did some really cool custom work. I hope he is well.
Paul moved to Wyoming and opened his own gunsmith shop. Can ship to him fir work still if needed.
 
I’ve been using this shop for almost 10 years. I just found out this morning that Paul the gunsmith is no longer employed there. I spoke to the new gunsmith briefly on the phone. He seems nice enough, but he did not inspire the same confidence as his predecessor. I’m curious to see how the new guy does. Paul was a fantastic resource and did some really cool custom work. I hope he is well.
I had issues with a CZ and felt better sending it to Cajun. I have a 1911 I should have brought to Paul but am on the fence about bringing to the new guy.
 
I’ve been using this shop for almost 10 years. I just found out this morning that Paul the gunsmith is no longer employed there. I spoke to the new gunsmith briefly on the phone. He seems nice enough, but he did not inspire the same confidence as his predecessor. I’m curious to see how the new guy does. Paul was a fantastic resource and did some really cool custom work. I hope he is well.
Thanks for sharing. I was going to have them do a Cajun upgrade on my P-01 sometime soon.
 
Thanks for sharing. I was going to have them do a Cajun upgrade on my P-01 sometime soon.
I bought myself the CGW Pro Package for Christmas, finally got around to 29 Outdoor installation this spring. Paul was gone, but Pharoah (new gunsmith) took care of it and I am happy with the results on P-01. Only took 2 weeks, not bad, I am patient.
 
They have my model 60 right now due to an issue with the cylinder bolt, new guy seems to be getting up to speed so to speak as in their SLA is 3-5 weeks. I do agree though Paul was great and as a fellow clamper he was a hoot every time I interacted with him.

I will try to remember to come back and share my experience once I get it back in hand a couple weeks from now though.
someone liked my comment and reminded me, I got it back a few days after this comment and I am 100% happy with the work the 60 works flawlessly now.
 
Back
Top Bottom