- Messages
- 5,630
you dun goofed a-a-ronSo no HK P2000 this month![]()
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
you dun goofed a-a-ronSo no HK P2000 this month![]()
Not that I recall, although there could be as I might not remember all of the bulletins. The CA PC somewhat states it because it is based on submitting a DROS, regardless of whether it is successful or not. As well, the CA DOJ does what it wants.Interesting. Do you know if DOJ has published anything confirming that a 3-in-30 rejection itself starts a new 30-day period? I couldn't find it in the statute.
Quite true, which is why I didn't say "trust me" and said to confirm it with the CA DOJ. You are very correct, but also BATF IOIs and CA DOJ employees can also be clueless as well. You have to find those who you can trust. There are few who will admit that they don't know something and many who just give false answers, rather than do research. Unfortunately, some good people have retired.I see you are a "Verified FFL" so this sounds like speculation. I'm kidding of course and I know that FFLs can often be quite clueless about these things
I called them and got the answerQuite true, which is why I didn't say "trust me" and said to confirm it with the CA DOJ. You are very correct, but also BATF IOIs and CA DOJ employees can also be clueless as well. You have to find those who you can trust. There are few who will admit that they don't know something and many who just give false answers, rather than do research. Unfortunately, some good people have retired.
Alright Y’all. I just spoke to the DOJ. The rejected DROS counts as 1 of 3 reseting the rolling calendar. Which means I can still pick up the rifle this week but it will be counted as 2 of 3 for the 30 day calendar.
No way bro, they hating because they know you made M Class & they can't even break out of U.I was just rejected for 3 in 30 because my DROS was a day early… actually about 3 hours early (oops).
Has anyone else had this happen? If so, can I re-DROS this week?
Thanks.
Same here . Did it next day and got approvedI have a buddy who attempted to DROS a 2nd gun 1 day short of the 30. It failed the DROS. Turner's told him he has to wait 30 more days now. He went to Sportsman's 2 days later, started a new DROS, and it was approved.
I accidentally tripped over this, So this is probably why I did not get pinched for 3in 30 hit. I thought maybe i just got lucky. FFL03 worth the time and aggravation. Since I guess I don’t have to wait another 30 days….Time to go shopping.FFL03 + COE is worth it for a variety of reasons (obviously the primary one being ammo shipments direct to you), but the other less obvious benefit is exemption from the 3 in 30 restriction.
Where are you finding P2000sSo no HK P2000 this month![]()
a lot on gunbroker and hereWhere are you finding P2000s![]()
every time I find a p2000 or sk I want on this site its in SoCal lol. Ill have to check out gunbroker.a lot on gunbroker and here
you’re correct, but 10 years is more likely.Of course they are. This is why SCOTUS needs to get smart and start taking immediate challenges against legislation designed to circumvent prior rulings. The anti gun legislature know that they can tie up anything for 5 or more years waiting for appeals.
It begs the question of why our legal system permits this.you’re correct, but 10 years is more likely.
because money.It begs the question of why our legal system permits this.
Can't do a new one till after 30 days from when you started. Down to the very second. So let's say you started one on the 1st on a 30 day month, that 1 transaction is not over till the 1st of the next month.I was just rejected for 3 in 30 because my DROS was a day early… actually about 3 hours early (oops).
Has anyone else had this happen? If so, can I re-DROS this week?
Thanks.