- Messages
- 743
- Classified ads
- 2
I’m looking at getting some primed steel x39 cases and I have .311 124’s and I’m sure I have some powder that will work. I think I even have a set of RCBS dies. But how do you load steel cases?
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Do you pick it up when you are done or just leave it?Same as you reload brass cases. If you're buying it primed as pull downs it doesn't need to be sized. I've loaded tens of thousands of them in .223
I think if you have the hydraulic thingy, it’s seems pretty easy to Decap berndan primers.I can buy tula non-corrosive berdan primers at $30/1000, is it easy or similar to de-prime steel cases and to reprime it?
Hydraulic reloading or something? Yea, sounds complicated lol,nvm.I think if you have the hydraulic thingy, it’s seems pretty easy to Decap berndan primers.
Depends on where I"m shooting. If it's a place where it's acceptable to leave it, I leave it. If it's a place that should be cleaned up afterwards, I pick it up and throw it in the trash.Do you pick it up when you are done or just leave it?
Why the hell would you deprime just to reprime cheap steel cases?I can buy tula non-corrosive berdan primers at $30/1000, is it easy or similar to de-prime steel cases and to reprime it?
Some people drill them out for boxer With berndan, first you have to decap them which involves a hydraulic tube, a piston, a large hammer and buckets of water. Once they are dry, i think you still have to line the primers up with the holes in the anvils before you seat the primer. In my opinion, it’s like casting bullets, more work than it’s worth. Nothing against the guys casting, I’d love to have the time to be right there with them, making bullets exactly for my gun.Deprime=decap what i meant. But i'd imagine primer pockets are different from berdan to boxer, so wouldn't be easier to reprime it berdan
7.62X39 boxer primed brass is cheep and abundant? Help me out here. To me it seems rare and expensive.Why would you reprime a spent steel casing after firing it? Brass is cheaper, far more abundant, much easier, less time consuming, doesn't require special tooling or techniques, and has drastically better characteristics for intended use.