18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

9mm PCC Options

fair enough, haven't tried colt mag adapters so don't know which ones work.
 
fair enough, haven't tried colt mag adapters so don't know which ones work.
Real colt mag adapters are a pair of blocks that you install into a 5.56 lower by cross drilling and inserting roll pins to hold the blocks into the magwell.
sa99001.jpg

 
I had the mag adapter (Stern) for the Colt mags and it never seemed to work quite right. It might have been my upper so I will probably get a PCC (Ruger PC, PSA, MPX, or something like that) and then get a 9mm upper with a standard lower and see if the set up might work better.
 
I don't do PCC competition but I do have a Sig MPX Competition, CZ Evo3 with Timney Trigger, PTR 9R, Kali 9 and an AR 9 ( KE Arms with Foxtrot Mike upper ). My best bet would be the Sig MPX Competition which you can shoot right out of the box just add your optics.
 
Real colt mag adapters are a pair of blocks that you install into a 5.56 lower by cross drilling and inserting roll pins to hold the blocks into the magwell.
sa99001.jpg

Never seen those before. The mag adapters you find these days work well if you still small pockets for the internal grub screws to grab on to the mag well.
I had the mag adapter (Stern) for the Colt mags and it never seemed to work quite right. It might have been my upper so I will probably get a PCC (Ruger PC, PSA, MPX, or something like that) and then get a 9mm upper with a standard lower and see if the set up might work better.
Any time you have an issue pertaining to ar9's I highly recommend browsing Blowback9's website or reaching out to him. Great dude with a ton of knowledge.
Personally I just grabbed a mag adapter from RTB for ~$50 and some C Products/Duramag metalforms. Never have had an issue whatsoever.

 
Or cz75 mags for that matter. There is a Canadian company that makes the adapter. Works great.

As someone who has a ton of Beretta mags, I wish someone would make a reliable adapter for Beretta 92 mags for the Ruger PCC. I can't do the CX4 Storm because of the fin.

Btw, has the CMMG Dissent 9mm been mentioned in this thread? Wonder how it compares to the PCC.
 
Last edited:
Old thread. Don't care. Here's my Ruger. Simple set up, with the internal mods I mentioned plus Sig optics. 1000019671.jpg
 
I had the mag adapter (Stern) for the Colt mags and it never seemed to work quite right. It might have been my upper so I will probably get a PCC (Ruger PC, PSA, MPX, or something like that) and then get a 9mm upper with a standard lower and see if the set up might work better.
Try putting a internal indo mag in a 556 p mag it should work well I had the same problem using CMMG and switch to Endo with the ejector on top of internal it works fine
 
Aero EPC 9 is going to be the cheapest/most reliable/easiest to assemble in CA. You can get lowers at almost any store locally including Sportsmans warehouse. Highly recommend the Maxim RDB for a buffer with a taccom upper/bcg, they have a few different barrels but the shrouded barrels are the way to go, 16" is so long the bullet is actually slowing down by the end. I run the 10/16 which is a 10 inch barrel with a 6 inch carbon shroud with a built in muzzle brake. If you want something a bit more unique I really like the KE KP9 polymer lower. If you want to run USPSA or IDPA it has to be a "rifle" and not a pistol set up so some of your options wont work. PCSL does allow pistols if you run PCCs though. What I've listed above you can put together for under a grand.
Juggernaut Tactical is CA friendly also.
 
I had an evo and it would not run steel case ammo if it was coated.

I have a Sub2000 and while it’s a meme gun, it runs everything and uses Glock mags

But if you want a nice, reliable gun go with something else lol
 
I got one, AR pistol, shoots great
Have an AR 9 PCC from them, getting the 9mm pistol soon.

Had a 5.56 pistol from them but want all PCC instead of rifle caliber
 
Have an AR 9 PCC from them, getting the 9mm pistol soon.

Had a 5.56 pistol from them but want all PCC instead of rifle caliber
I wanted a short barrel without it being a fire breather, and cheaper to shoot.
 
Real colt mag adapters are a pair of blocks that you install into a 5.56 lower by cross drilling and inserting roll pins to hold the blocks into the magwell.
sa99001.jpg

I’m old enough to remember seeing a few of those original 9mm Colt carbines on active duty with the pinned magwells. Though, most special units back then just ran the MP5.
 
I wanted a short barrel without it being a fire breather, and cheaper to shoot.
Yeah, I switched everything to 9mm, pistol and carbine. Simple 12ga for the big stuff.
 
If I were looking, I’d likely be down to the Ruger PCC or the Henry PCC. The Henry has a more traditional wood and steel look that is very nice.
 
If I were looking, I’d likely be down to the Ruger PCC or the Henry PCC. The Henry has a more traditional wood and steel look that is very nice.
I have both. And both are great, different but great in their own ways
 
CZ Scorpion is fun, reliable, ergonomic and fully upgradeable. Really enjoy my EVO 3 S1, know they have a new version out too.
Although not for everybody, and the cross bolt safety may not be IDPA friendly, but the Beretta CX4 is also a lot of fun, and accurate. Shorter profile for maneuverability, reliable as can be too.
Where does one acquire a CX4 in CA? Haven't been able to locate one.
 
Back
Top Bottom