18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

9mm Revolvers for Concealed Carry

I'm surprised so many do, when it never really matters in real life. I have 12 or 15+1 in my P2000SK, if that isn't enough then oof.... but like ASP says, he has never seen a CCW self defense shooting where a spare mag changed the outcome of the event.
That is true, 99% chance you won't need it. I simply subscribe to the "rather have it and not need it" line of thinking. Carrying an extra mag isn't very inconvenient or heavy, so I don't mind. A lot of the guns I carry are also lower capacity guns, many between 6-9 rounds, so I feel more comfortable having a backup mag. While it is unlikely, we do occasionally see incidents with multiple aggressors.
 
That is true, 99% chance you won't need it. I simply subscribe to the "rather have it and not need it" line of thinking. Carrying an extra mag isn't very inconvenient or heavy, so I don't mind. A lot of the guns I carry are also lower capacity guns, many between 6-9 rounds, so I feel more comfortable having a backup mag. While it is unlikely, we do occasionally see incidents with multiple aggressors.
Yep I agree with the logic. Hopefully 16 is enough...
 
Fortunately most aggressors will back down when they are being fired on. But for those that don’t, I would prefer to have more round’s quickly available so an extra mag or two is desirable.

And this is why I’d never carry a revolver. Too few rounds and a pain in the ass to reload.
 
Sometimes the number of rounds in the revolver is irrelevant...20442.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom